Chapter 6: Peace

A few days later we were all just hanging around the house, but it was tense. Michael wouldn't let us leave since he was still trying to figure out where Alexander was and didn't want any of us getting hurt.

"Where is Leah?" Bryson said as he came down the stairs.
"Not sure." Noah said from the kitchen.
"She isn't in the bathroom or anything? Fixing her makeup?" Damon smirked.
"No, and that's not all girls do, Damon. I've tried calling her, too. I can't find her anywhere and it's almost midnight." Bryson sounded worried.
"Let's all go to sleep. She's a strong girl, dude. She can handle herself. If she got through Alexander, she can get though anyone." Damon reassured.
"You're right. If she could deal with that asshole, I'm sure she'll be fine."

3:42 a.m. That is the time I read on the clock next to me as shouting came from downstairs. I went down to see what was going on but Damon and Noah already beat me to it. Bryson was standing in front of Leah.

"Leah! What the hell! Where were you? Do you even understand how late it is?" He shouted.
"Don't yell at me you stupid fuck!" She slurred.
"You're fucking drunk. What the hell." He said.
"I'm not drunk! You're drunk!" She hurled her car keys at him, but being completely trashed, she missed.
"Did you drive home?" He calmly asked.
"No." She laughed.
"Leah you better be fucking honest with me. Did you fucking drive home wasted?" His voice was making my ears ring by this point and I went and stood behind the boys.
"Fuck you! You can't control me! I can do whatever the hell I want to." She was screaming, but not as loud as Bryson was before.
"I bet you wish I would've crashed, don't you?" And then he pushed her. He grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her so hard that she fell and hit the back of her head on the window sill. She grabbed the back of her head and looked at her hand, now covered in blood. Bryson just walked out and slammed the front door.

"Oh my." I said while running and grabbing towels.
"I'll go get the car started up." Noah said and he grabbed his keys.
"Fuck." Damon said as he ran down to calm Leah.

This is going to be a long journey.

_____

I didn't know what was going on. Days went by, yet, nobody told me what was going on. I kept hearing about a guy named Jackson, supposedly my uncle. Why can't I meet him? I can't imagine how confused Ryan is, he's just a kid. He's spent these last few days watching movies in one of the giant guest rooms. Damon got him some coloring books, but how much can coloring really keep a kid busy? I slept with him at night. Not because he was scared, but because I was for him.

As I twirled the strawberry for the fifth time with my fork, Leah tried to make conversation with me.

"He-hey. Want some coffee?" Leah asked.

She's been hanging around since the shootout at Alexander's hideaway. He fled with his men and hasn't reached out to Leah since, but she doesn't seem to mind.

"No thanks. Isn't that your like, fourth cup?" I questioned back.

I think she just wants to live a little. Instead of being involved in her own father's mafia, she gets to go out and have more freedom here. She hasn't seen her mom since she's been back. To be honest, I don't know where everyone goes for days on end.

"Hangovers are a bitch." She smirked.

"Yeah you're one to fucking talk." Bryson spat in her direction as he came in the door to the kitchen.
"Excuse me?" Leah said with one hand on her hip.
"All you do is fucking drink. It's trashy." He mockingly laughed.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" She walked over and shoved him into a cabinet. He grabbed her wrist and twisted it behind her back. She didn't seem phased by it, though.
"I hate you." She said, seething.
"Sure you do." He said as he twisted her back around towards him and kissed her lips.

I would have smacked the shit out of him, but she just kissed him back. Healthy relationship, I see.

Noah walked into the kitchen. I haven't seen him for two days. He didn't say a word to me so I walked up to him.

"Noah, please tell me what's going on." He didn't say a word, just grabbed a cup of coffee and walked towards the front door.
"Noah! I'm serious! You can't just take me out here to get kidnapped and then avoid me!" I stomped my foot. "This is insane!"
"Sorry, baby doll. Got work to do." He said as he got into his car and drove away.