♢get me out♢

"You loved me-then what right had you to leave me? What right-answer me-for the poor fancy you felt for Linton? Because misery and degradation, and death, and nothing that God or Satan could inflict would have parted us, you, of your own will, did it. I have not broken your heart- you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine."
~Heathcliff"

— Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights

After a couple days passed I decided to look for Aisling

After a couple days passed I decided to look for Aisling. Maybe we've had some sort of misunderstanding. Maybe she thinks I was dating Ryan.

Speaking of Ryan, she wasn't sitting by me at lunch anymore because she thinks I rejected her. She didn't tell me that. But I'm sure that's what she's thinking.

Everyone still gives me weird looks at school, and I've tried getting used to the looks but if I had gotten to talk to Aisling a couple days ago perhaps getting through school would be much easier.

It's kinda like she was my medicine, or my happy pills.

Where'd she go?

Ms Riley gave me a concerned look. "Joe, I need for you to write a personal narrative."

"Why?"

"Because if you don't, I'll have to fail you. And if I fail you, you won't pass the 11th grade."

"I might just drop outta school," I said lamely. "Because I just don't care, anymore."

She sighed, and crossed her arms. She shook her head, and asked, "Is something going on at home that you need to share with someone? I genuinely ask you this."

"You don't care." I stand up from the chair I was sitting in across from Ms Riley's desk. "I just don't care."

I walked out of the classroom, and just then Ryan was walking the hall. She looks at me, but I didn't look at her.

Standing on the porch to the house Aisling told me she lived in, I took a deep breath, and after a beat, I knocked on the door.