Part 3: Beginning of catastrophe

"YN, go deliver this report to the research lab in Y hospitals. Also, pick up a file from them for me as well." Instructor Goto hands me a folder after class.

"Instructor, what are these for?"

"Information related to the recent unknown disease. Just some notes we've taken from awaken victims. The higher ups wants this to be resolved as soon as possible to prevent upsetting the public any further. We will now work with the research lab in Y hospitals and assist them in investigating the disease and find prevention. You will have a lot of errands to do in the future. Hope you are ready." Instructor Goto smiles and turns to leave.

"Yes Sir!"

In Y hospital:

Hmmm....so this is where Yuriko helps out with charity work? The hospital sure is huge, I wonder where the lab actually is?

BAM!

"Ouch...." Someone bumps into me and I dropped folder on the floor.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, Miss, are you alright?" A man in a doctor's gown picks up the folder and hands it to me.

"I'm OK." I look up to the man.

Wow....he is so young and he is already a doctor. That is really impressive.

"Dr Kyobe! You've got a patient in the ER!" A nurse shouts.

"I'll take my leave then. Again, I'm terribly sorry." The young doctor bows and leaves quickly with the nurse.

After handing in the report and collects the file instructor requested, I'm walking down the stairs instead of using the elevators. The hospital was very busy and packed with patients and beds, walking down the stairs is a much quicker option for me.

I'm going over to chief's house afterward. What should I make for dinner? Should I call him to ask or should I surprise him?

Hm... Let see, I should ask him what he wants for dinner and then make a quick trip to the supermarket to get the ingredients.

I Imagine Chief stuffing his face full with food, the way he wolfs down the food makes me chuckle. It's so considerate of Chief to always finish the foods I make. I think that's one way of him showing how much he appreciates my cooking. I should probably get lots of ingredients to make some extra. Ohhh! I should make some deserts too!

I got excited at the simple idea of cooking for the chief. It really feels like we are married.

Should I text him or call him? I really miss listening to his voice, he shouldn't be busy at this hour. I think it's fine to call him. I take out my phone and dialled chief's number.

Ring-Ring-Click

"Hello, little bird. Working hard today?" Chief's familiar voice flows out from the phone into my ear.

"Chief!" I called out with such enthusiasm and chief immediately chuckles.

"Chief! I just want to call and ask....AHHHH!!!!" Before my sentence was finished, I felt a force pushing my back causing me to tumble down the stairs.

"Hello??? YN?? What's wrong?! YN?! Answer me!!" Chief's panicked voice yells over the phone.

Ouch.... My head hurts...I can feel myself losing consciousness. Before I completely black out, I can see a hand picking the file off the floor and I caught a whiff of perfume: sweet and spicy, the smell of Lily.