Part 5: Wolf in sheep's clothing

"How can you mess up knowing how much efforts were put into this case?!" Chief's voice boom across the room.

I look down to the floor cursing myself at my mistake which foiled the arrest of the suspected terrorists.

We had planned to tail the terrorists and arrest them upon signal. During the operation, I witnessed a thief stealing from an old grandma and my sense of justice has to kick in at the most inappropriate time causing me to chase after the thief exposing my identity. The man I was supposed to tail got away and informed the group leading to a total failure.

"I know you have a strong sense of justice but think about the outcome. Which one weights heavier. I thought time have made you more mature but I guess you are still not suitable to be a public safety officer."

Chief's harsh words lashes on me without mercy. I drop my head even further, the best reply I can utter without crying is "I'm sorry."

"I don't want to hear your sorry! sigh.... Go home for today." Chief sighs and turns his back.

I sniffle quietly trying my best to restraint the tears that are threatening to fall. I bow and quickly exit the room.

...I screwed up bad didn't I? I sit quietly on one of the steps in the stairwell reflecting on myself. I didn't go to the rooftop. I feel like I might run into chief if I go there and I'm not ready to face him again.

I hug my knees to my chest and bury my face, creating a small shield trying to block myself from all these problems.

Ring-Ring, Ring-Ring

Hmm?

I take out my phone and it was from an unknown number.

"Hello? Who's this?"

"Hello there." This voice! It's Yuriko! How did she get my number?

"What do you want?" I voice instantly turns hostile.

"Ho ho ho, don't be so unwelcoming, don't you have any manners? Jin likes polite woman, woman like me..." Yuriko laughs over the phone.

"............" As if, chief would never love a 2 faced woman like you. I silently reply in my heart.

"You seem to have forgotten something important, I've got a few pages of the files you dropped the other day. But if you want to get it back, come and see me alone in the park near Jin's house. If you don't, I wonder what would happen if I post these online Heheheh." Yuriko laughs hysterically and threatens me.

She stole them the other day!? I don't know the contents of the folder but the file was obviously classified information. We could get into serious trouble if anything important gets leaked, it could cause a lot of trouble for the instructors and the chief. I can't let that happen!

"Wait for me right there now!!" I yell over the phone and rushes to the park.

Jin's POV:

Was I too harsh on YN? I sighed and sit down on my chair reflecting on what just happened. She didn't make it obvious but I could hear her sniffling. Is she crying by herself now? I should go and check on her.

I did not find YN in the rooftop where I would usually expect her. Where did she go?

I'm starting to worry and my heart feels heavy imaging her tear stained face.

-buzz-buzz-

I take out my phone and it's a message from Yuriko:

-Jin, I made you some soup. I'll be waiting in the park near your house. See you soon!- Yuri-

Why all of a sudden now? I thought I made it clear to her last time. I try calling her to tell her to go home but her phone is off. She's not going to leave until I show up isn't she?

Sigh...

So much is happening today. I'm kind of tired. The frustration from the foiled arrest isn't helping the fatigue either. I quickly massages the bridge of my nose. I go back to my office, pick up my jacket and proceeds to drive back to the house.

YN's POV:

I got to the park as soon as possible and there stood Yuriko waiting. Because it's near dawn, there is no one except the 2 of us in the park.

Yuriko slowly walks up to me with an angelic smile, it caught me off guard for a second. The next moment, SMACK! she slaps me hard across the face.

"Hey! What's that for?!"

I stare at Yuriko, furious.

"That's for stealing Jin away from me! Jin's mine! Jin's mine!!" Yuriko has gone from calm to total hysteria. She holds her hand above her head again aiming for another strike.

Not so fast! I hold her wrist preventing the downward motion. We struggle against each other and Yuriko pushes against me with surprising amount of strength. How can someone small like her exert so much force?

She suddenly pulls me towards to her and I tumble over her. Throughout the course of action, Yuriko hits her head on the nearby stone purposely, sharp edges causes blood to seep out from her head.

What is she doing? I look at her dumbfounded not understanding why she just did that.

She flashes me a wicked smile and the next instant:
"AHHH!!! Someone help! Please don't hurt me! I only came here to give Jin the soup! That's all! I swear!" Yuriko instantly transforms into someone who looks like she's been bullied and harassed.

"What are you doing?!" An angry voice rings out behind me.

Huh?

That voice?

Chief?!

I snap my head back and see an angry chief standing there.

"Jin!! Help me!" Yuriko pushed me off her. I fall onto the ground and she runs towards chief holding onto him crying.

"Jin! I only came to give you soup, I saw YN and I was going to say hi. But she questioned why I was here and accused me of trying to sabotage your relationships. She then got really angry and then she...and then she....." Yuriko sobs and cries only fuelled Chief's imagination on how violent I was.

"She's lying! It wasn't me! She...." I tried to protest against her false claim but was interrupted by chief.

"That's enough. I saw it all!"

My stunned gaze meets with chief's. In his eye, there is only look of disapproval.

Chief? Why don't you believe me.....

I look from chief towards the crying Yuriko. I see, from chief's point of view, it looks like it's me who used force on Yuriko. Of course, who would expect the angelic, sweet looking Yuriko to hurt another person? Especially her opponent is a trained public safety officer. This is a trap set up all for me. Set up to ruin my image in chief's eye. She's a dangerous woman, a wolf in sheep's clothing.