prologue

"Aurora speaking," the young woman spoke into the telephone

"Our brother is an idiot," Raven sighed.

Aurora squealed in excitement, "Raven! How are you? Dear sister, have I missed you. What do you mean Charles is being an idiot?"

Raven sighed in frustration, "I have missed you too sister and as much as I would love to catch up, I called because Charles is being a major dick."

"We have come across an enemy that requires the help of fellow mutants and we are currently at a research facility at the CIA. We were being a little immature, trying to get to know each other but Charles took it out of proportion. I've never seen him so disappointed in me. I didn't mean it, it's just been a long time since I've been able to have some fun with others without feeling like I was being judged," she explained.

Aurora frowned, "I understand, Raven but you have to understand that Charles only expected more from you because he knows you and cares about you. However, that does not give him the right to be a complete dick towards you and the others. I would love to help in any way that I can. I'm glad you've found people that understand you and are having fun without feeling judged."

"Thank you for understanding. I know I probably shouldn't have let it get out of hand but he didn't even give us a chance to explain. I'd love it if you came to visit."

Aurora smiled at her sisters childishness, "I would love to come and visit too but you know you can't use me against Charles like that. However, as you said, there's a common enemy and I do miss you and Charles so I don't see why I can't come and visit. I was planning on coming to visit you in a few weeks anyway, I guess I'm leaving sooner than I planned."

Raven squealed in joy, "Thank you. I know it's wrong for me to use you against Charles but I don't know what else to do and you're the only person that can get through to him. I can't wait to see you."

Aurora chuckled, "No need to worry. I hate being the only person that can get through to Charles. He's a stubborn idiot and unfortunately it runs in the family. I can't wait to see you too. Where should I meet you?"

Raven sighed in amusement, "That's true. You're both too stubborn. I think we might be moving soon, so I'll keep you updated. Who knows, you might even find your soul mate. I can't wait. I love you, sis."

"I love you too. Stop teasing, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll be waiting to hear from you. Take care."

"Likewise."