Chapter 48 - Jade And Symbols

Sofia had herded out the large amount of testosterone from the room, which would be a large help for her to concentrate. She would only be distracted by the feelings she could sense between both of these men. Federico had meant no offence, and was only trying to help, yet Alf wouldn't hear it. She couldn't be bothered to deal with that, she'd let Creedence handle them.

Behind them, she locked it. If they decided to come back in again, it wouldn't be helpful anyway.

Cree was getting restless in there, she could feel it. In her mind, she was screaming at her for release, begging. Sofia was willing to grant her that, but for a price.

"I want all that Apple Of Eden power that's running through your veins, Creedence Anbola." she muttered. She could hear, so she might as well know what price she was to pay. "You have far too much of it, and you don't know how to use it. Not that I need you using it. I want it for myself."

The witch reached into her pocket and pulled out a large curved blade. She flipped it over in her hands. It's handle was made of jade and engraved with symbols, that could be roughly interpreted as small people.

"Now this is something handed down my family, isn't it cute?" she joked sarcastically. "I've been dying to use it, so thanks for that. I doubt you'll love it as much as me though."

Whilst she may be laying motionless, Creedence was screaming in her thoughts. She didn't understand why a blade needed to be used to free her from her own head.

"Calm down, please, I'm not going anywhere near your brain, that's not what I want. I want payment, Cree, because this little spell to save you took it out of me. We've all got to profit somehow, right?" she shrugged. "If you're good at something, never do it for free."

Her brain suddenly went quiet for a moment, but then lurched back. She was trying to find her own way out. Sofia tutted and chuckled.

"It won't work. Look, it'll hurt only for a second. Take it like a girl, and do your fellow women proud." she muttered.

Sofia pulled the sheets back, and picked up her limp hand. The source was so strong here, in her hands. Her wrists in particular. It was the first place that Templars physically harmed her; when she hung from the castle walls. She had permanent scars on each, but Eden power flowed strongly here nevertheless.

"I guess I'll have to go for the wrist then. Sorry, that's not fun, is it?" and with one swift action, she dragged the blade across her skin, revealing layers underneath. Instantly she began to bleed, which was then caught by a bottle Sofia put underneath.

"Wow, that colour is not normal, sweetness." she mocked. "Are you drinking enough water?"

The blood was of normal colour after all, even though it was strongly tainted by Eden power. Creedence moved slightly; her face contorted in pain, but she made no sound.

"Don't be such a baby, I'm sure it's not that bad. You better not run to your boyfriend after this and say I hurt you." she sighed. "In my opinion, you don't deserve this untapped power. I will be able to use it so much better. Also, I want that Apple Of Eden as well, I don't need you taking more for yourself. That'll be a little job when you wake up."

Her fingers flexed slightly in Sofia's hand. Oh dear, she was waking up. She wasn't about to just lay there and drain out, no chance.

She fastened the bottle of blood and shoved it into her pocket quickly. This would be needed for later, when she claimed her prize.

Creedence was awake now, that was sure. And she was going to scream.

----------------------------------------------

It'd been about five whole minutes Alf had waited in silence but now he was bored. Federico sensed his restlessness and went to apologise: "Ser, I was not trying to advance on your lady, I swear."

"Shh." Alf answered, distracted by the muffled sounds of Sofia's voice from inside. What was she saying?

"I do not wish for there to be any issues between us as I respect you." he tried to sweet talk, but again, he was hardly listening.

"Shh." he put his hand up for him to be quiet. Federico kept muttering to himself but it went through one ear and out of the other.

Suddenly an ear piercing scream, which flipped him out completely. It certainly wasn't Sofia.

He knocked most violently, almost a punch, at the door: "Sofia, let me in or I'll kill you in a way you didn't know existed!"

"She's fine, nothing to worry about! She's just a little sketched out."

Alf was confused; he'd never heard the expression 'sketched out' in his life, but he couldn't imagine it being good: "I don't care, open the door!"

She sighed on the other side, muttering, and the lock slid open, allowing him in. Sofia didn't move out of the way: "Can you not? I've just helped her, so you could do with having more manners!"

"She screamed, what do you expect me to do? Bow at your feet?" he growled. "Step aside."

Hesitantly, she did, and he moved inside.

----------------------------------------------

I was breathing heavily, holding my wrist that was bleeding heavily. The little strength I had was being drained out of me, and I needed to stop it.

"Heavens above, Creedence, I am so glad to see you." he rushed to me. I was so incredibly happy to see him too, but I was stricken with guilt that he had not been here for his twins' birth. If only his awful father hadn't returned, he would have. I was desperate to apologise, but he went straight to hug me and that made my mouth close and tear ducks open; I let out an abundance of tears.

He was so warm, which made no sense for a man who'd just spent the day travelling in the cold December wind. I have never seen him cry, but I assumed this was as close as I would get. He was extremely blushed, most likely from my scream.

"I missed you." I whispered through my sobs.

"I missed you too, my dear." he said, his voice not as clear as usual. And quieter so Sofia would not hear: "I thought I'd lost my fiancee for a moment."

"Unfortunately for everyone, you haven't." I tried to joke but it sounded pathetic because I snivelled three times in one sentence.

But then saw my injury, and took it away from my grasp to put pressure on it. "Why are your wrists cut? What did you do, Sofia?"

"I did what I needed to." she muttered.

Alf was bandaging it as quickly as possible, blood loss after childbirth would not help my recovery: "What blade did you use on this, Miss. Guidicelli? How is it so cleanly cut?"

Sofia had her back turned to both of us, and did not answer. This irritated Alf.

"This is not a normal cut, Sofia, I've seen and had enough cuts to know that no one cuts this cleanly. It's like a damn work of art. So how did you do it?" he said, standing up now, but still very close to me. I was still grasped onto both of his coat sleeves in the hope he wouldn't attack her. Also, I need some human interaction after feeling trapped.

"Why do you care? I brought her back, didn't I? That's what you wanted! That's the price to pay. And something else too, which Creedence is to get for me." suddenly all eyes were focused on me, the cripple of the room.

"What did you agree to give over, Cree?" Alf asked.

"I had no choice, she was in my head." I murmured.

"I asked you, what did you agree to give over, Creedence?" he said, more forcefully this time.

"Oh, don't you worry about that, Alf, it's not one of your precious little children. None of your family has any need for it." Sofia winked. "She'll get it for me, good girl."

And with that, Sofia left the room, faster than anyone had chance to process it.