Chapter 9

They rehearsed as quietly as they could, because some were still sleeping. They got it right at the 5th time. And at 7th it was perfect.  They rehearsed one more time when Matt yelled. "11 minutes 'til gig time!"

At the sound of those words everybody leaved their instruments and started doing something else. Finn and Ross were talking to the sound guys. Charlie and Joe were discussing music and the boys were talking about, well Millie and Finn.

"You guys think this is going to work out?" Gaten asked nervously.

"It better be, otherwise--" Caleb said but was cut off by Noah.

"Guys, chill. Millie likes Finn."

"How are you so sure?" The other two asked at the same time.

"Because Charlie told me that Natalia spoke to Millie about it."

"Wait, are you saying Natalia is involved?" Caleb inquired.

Suddenly Charlie appeared behind him. "Boy, she's the mastermind."

The Set

5 minutes 'til Gig Time

"There's nobody here!" Millie repeated for the third time looking for them.

Natalia had informed Winona and David, who kept telling Millie to look for them, while she waited for the sign. Then the sign came. Millie's phone vibrated. "Meet us on the roof." Millie looked confused. "The Duffer's texted me," she said, "they want us to meet them in the roof."

Millie saw the elevator had a 'Out of Order' sign. So she headed to the stairs. Little did she know the sign was just a buying time strategy by The Duffers, because to get to the roof by the stairs took 4 minutes.

After this Natalia texted the Duffers, "We're are on our way."

The Roof 

4 minutes 'til Gig Time

"Alright everybody, positions!" Ross yelled. Everybody hurried to their cameras or behind the sound table. When everybody was ready, Finn sat in the piano. The Duffers came up to him and said, "Good luck, Finn." Finn was so nervous he only answered with a short "Hmhm."

The Stairs

3 minutes 'til Gig Time

Millie was thinking what could the Duffers possibly want on the roof, but she kept going.

The Roof 

2 minutes 'til Gig Time

Finn was breathing heavily, he knew if he messed this up, there would be no way of solving it.

The Stairs

1 minute 'til Gig Time

"Here we go!" Millie said.

The Roof

Millie opened the door and looked around, she didn't see anything. She walked around the stairs box and saw instruments and microphones over some rugs. There was also a piano, but there was someone siting on it. It was Finn.

"Finn?" Millie asked, her heart beating faster by the second.

"Millie, I...I should have told you what I'm about to say a long time ago."

Millie gasped and she covered her mouth. Her eyes started shedding tears of joy.

Finn started playing the piano. She couldn't believe it. Then he started singing.

Maybe I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time

Maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you

Suddenly Noah, Gaten, Caleb, Charlie and Joe appeared. They plugged their instruments and started playing.

Maybe I'm amazed at the the way you pulled me out of time

And hung me on a line

Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you

Then Natalia and Winona joined Gaten and Caleb in the backup vocals.

Maybe I'm a man and maybe I'm a lonely man

Who's in the middle of something

That he doesn't really understand

Maybe I'm a man and maybe you're the only woman

Who could ever help me

Baby won't you help me understand

Suddenly Finn stood up and grab a guitar. Millie couldn't do anything, but giggle and cry. He started playing a solo on the guitar. Then he crossed the guitar on his back and sat on the piano again.

Maybe I'm a man and maybe I'm a lonely man

Who's in the middle of something

That he doesn't really understand

Maybe I'm a man and maybe you're the only woman

Who could ever help me

Baby won't you help me understand

Maybe I'm amazed at the way you're with me all the time

Maybe I'm afraid of the way I leave you

Maybe I'm amazed at the way you help me sing my song

Right me when I'm wrong

Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you

Then he stood at the sound of an organ, that Ross Duffer was playing, to make another solo. Matt Duffer started started playing the piano. He started walking towards Millie. Millie couldn't believe it. Then the song ended in a bang.

Millie was so shocked she could barely speak, "Finn-I, I don't know...what to say--I..."

Finn smiled, "Millie would you like to be my girlfriend?"

Millie's eyes lit up and looking into his eyes she said, "Yes, yes I would."

Finn looked at her. "Just kiss her already, Wolfhard!" Natalia shouted to everyone's surprise. Finn glanced at her, but immediately turned to Millie and kissed her. For a moment she was too shocked to do something, but after a couple of seconds she threw her arms around his neck. Shortly after this, Finn grabbed her by the hips.

Everyone cheered and laughed. They finally broke apart to stare at each other. "I love you, Finn Wolfhard."

"I love you too, Millie Bobby Brown."