Chapter 19: Saving a Damsel in Distress

Copyright 2014 © Rosesareforever

Delicate Hearts

Chapter 19

'Saving a Damsel in Distress'

The party was going to be a life changing event, the night everyone had been waiting for. At least that’s what Nathan’s slogan said on the many flyers spread across school that week. Supposedly it was going to be the party of the year which made Jasmine roll her eyes. Everyone was looking forward to it and everyone desperately wanted to be invited. Lucky for most kids, Nathan wasn’t picky and just told everyone to come. Usually The Wood parties were exclusive and people could only enter if their name was on the list so the open invite was the talk of the school.

“Luce, the first people will arrive any moment. We should go down stairs,” Jasmine told her friend as she finished putting her strappy heels on. Music was already blaring through the house, making the floor quake with the loud bass. The party would be in full swing in no time. Most of the kids at school usually arrived in large groups.

“Just finishing my make-up,” Lucy pointed out as she put some mascara on. At first Jasmine had been afraid to ask Lucy if she wanted to come, seeing things between Nathan and her were still…tense. To her surprise, it was Lucy who decided the party was a great idea and happily agreed to join them, which was very weird. Lucy wasn’t the kind of person that liked parties. She’d rather stay at home and watch a movie or read a book.

“Are you sure you don’t mind hanging around Nathan?” Jasmine asked for the billionth time that day. It was no secret Lucy had been avoiding Nathan and ignoring his calls and text messages for days. Jasmine didn’t understand why Lucy would suddenly change her mind. It made her feel wary. Something was up with her friend and Jasmine wanted to know what it was.

“Yes, Jas, I’m sure. Like I told you the past twenty times you asked me that same question,” Lucy replied with an eye roll as she finished her make-up. Another surprise, Lucy had gone all out with her outfit tonight. Her untamed curls were now a good-looking mess, her make-up was spot on and she wore a skimpy lime colored dress that went beautifully with her maroon locks.  Jasmine honestly had never seen Lucy looking more beautiful and sexy. The girl was going to be an eye catcher tonight.

“We should go,” Lucy smiled, fake optimism shining in her green orbs as she walked to the door. Jasmine wished she knew what was going on. She was worried about Lucy.

As they arrived downstairs, the first people were walking into the house. Jasmine noted Lucy wasn’t the only one who’d chosen her outfit carefully. All the girls looked like they could’ve been models, some of them classy, others tawdry. 

“Lucy,” a bulky blond guy said with a smile, his eyes focused on Lucy’s boobs as he walked closer. Jasmine immediately felt a bad vibe being around him. The guy practically screamed trouble.

“Hi Cedric,” Lucy smiled, a soft blush touching her cheeks. Jasmine frowned, not understanding how the two of them were even on speaking terms. As far as Jasmine knew, she was Lucy’s only friend at school.

“You’re looking good, babe,” Cedric said, looking Lucy up and down in appreciation. “Want to join me and my friends?” he asked, his voice slightly husky as he leaned forward, totally invading Lucy’s personal space.

Being the cute girl Lucy was, she blushed ten different shades of red and shyly nodded. Cedric grinned, clearly satisfied with her answer and intertwined their fingers. “I’ll see you around, Jas,” Lucy quickly uttered before Cedric lead her through a large group of people that were walking inside the house to his friends in the center of the room. Jasmine stayed behind shocked, her mouth hanging slightly agape as she watched her friend disappear in the crowd. What just happened?