Chapter Five- The Ugly Sweater Party

I'm addicted to the thrill,

It's a dangerous love affair.

Can't be scared when it goes down,

Got a problem tell me now.

Only thing that's on my mind,

Is who's gonna run this town tonight.

-Run This Town, Jay-Z

Chapter Five- The Ugly Sweater Party

In which Gabriel throws a Christmas party, Jo looks at pictures, and Michael gets locked in the attic.

Michael came home three days before homecoming.

Chuck and Castiel had gone to pick him up from the airport and arrived back two hours later.

Anna had always looked up to Michael, as did the other Miltons. Though Gabriel and Balthazar found him easy to prank, and Castiel was intimidated by him. Anna found him rude and closeminded at times, but still enjoyed his company. Luce had used to be Michael's favorite, and the feeling was mutual, but once Luce had starting be a "bad kid", by Chuck's standards, they had hated eachother.

Luce and Castiel were making dinner that night, so they went off to cook while Balthazar and Gabriel led Anna upstairs.

 Michael was unpacking, in the guest room, where he would be staying until he left in early January.

They walked in, and while Michael obviously noticed them, he didn't greet them.

"What's up, Mikey?" Gabriel snickered.

Michael looked up from his suitcase irritably. "Mikey is the nickname I had when I was twelve. I'd prefer Michael."

"I'd prefer you not living in my game room for the rest of the month." Gabriel responded. Anna, despite herself, giggled.

"This isn't your game room. It's my room that Dad converted into a guest room."

"The X-Box in the corner says otherwise." Balthazar said.

"So does the stash of candy in the closet." Gabriel added.

"What does your candy stash have to do with the gameroom?" Anna whispered.

"Nothing, I just needed to tell Balthazar where I was keeping that stuff." Gabriel whispered back. Balthazar grinned.

"I'm staying here, Gabriel. Get over it." Michael stuffed his suitcase under the bed before sitting on the bed.

Gabriel smiled in a way that made Anna fear for her safety and well-being. "You might reconsider your living arrangement when you realize I found this," He whipped a small picture out of the back pocket of his jeans. "hanging out of your backpack."

Michael raised an eyebrow and looked closely at the picture. A few seconds of quiet passed before Michael roared "GABRIEL GIVE ME THAT PICTURE, NOW!"

"Run for it!"

The group ran down the stairs, tripping over the other's feet as Michael chased after them. Once in the foyer, they dashed into the living room and ducked behind a couch.

"What was that picture of?" Balthazar whispered.

"Some chick." Gabriel showed them the picture. A young girl with her brown hair in a flawless bun smiled back at them.

Gabriel put the picture away again as Michael ran into the room, breathing heavily. Anna braced herself for Michael finding them, but, as he was about to check behind the couch, Chuck walked into the room.