oh no youre meeting all my standards

pairing; tanaka x ennoshita

summary; tanaka lists his ideal girlfriend and the second years realize something for him.

warning; you might die and fall in love with ennoshita that cocky little shit what a blessing

+

They were supposed to be studying.

The second years were gathered at Tanaka's place for their weekly study session. The five boys sat around the table, textbooks splayed open and scribbled homework assignments scattered around the room were quickly abandoned in favor of talking and passing around some of Ryu's old magazines. Even Ennoshita has given up on trying to get everybody to focus, and found himself getting pulled into their conversation.

"Woah! But look at her!" Noya exclaimed, pointing at a picture from Girl's Volleyball Monthly. Nobody knew why Tanaka had that subscription.

"Eh, she's alright." Kinoshita offhandedly said. 
"Too tall for my taste. Also, she looks like she could probably beat me up with those biceps."

Narita chuckled, agreeing. "Yeah okay but what about this girl? She's pretty cute, I like brunettes ." He motioned to another player in the magazine.

Ennoshita rolled his eyes, deciding to tune out his friends while he worked on finishing his history essay. It wasn't until Noya asked something of Tanaka did he look up again, his attention sparked.

"Well, what about you, Ryu? If you don't like any of the girls here, what's your type?" The small libero asked his best friend.

Tanaka leaned back, stretching his arms behind his back as he grinned easily at them.

"Well, funny you should ask. I was just thinking about this recently!" He said,  before gaining composure and leaning in, like he was about to announce a big secret. All four of the second years scooted in to hear, either way.

"I made a list-"

"Such high expectations."

"Shut up, Chikara! Anyways, my ideal girlfriend would probably have to be intelligent (to make up for the fact I'm not), looks would be a bonus- I like brunettes! Somebody reliable, like...somebody who takes the lead! And-"

As Tanaka listed off, Nishinoya shared a glance with Narita and Kinoshita. Ennoshita, still oblivious, continued listening intently.

"- a girl who isn't shy and not afraid to tell her opinions. And especially a good sense of humor, that's a must!" Tanaka finished, satisfied. Wait...

"Oh, and boobs."

He looked at his friends, all displaying different levels of emotion- Chikara looked thoughtful on the one hand, while on the other, Noya looked ready to burst into tears laughing. Was something off?

Eventually Noya cracked after making eye contact with the other two second years, and they all burst into laughter, doubling over themselves as Tanaka (and Ennoshita) looked on in confusion.

"You-" Noya started, hiccups escaping his body as he tried to catch his breath. "You do know you litterally just described Ennoshita here?" He grinned deviously. Tanaka froze up, the tips of his ears heating up. He saw from out of the corner of his eye Chikara in much the same position.