lovely liberos

pairing; nishinoya x yaku

summary; nishinoya's more than a little impressed at Nekoma's libero's skills, and yaku can't deny that the shortie isn't cute.

a/n; im actually really happy with how his turned out and if this doesn't make you ship those two I don't know what will

+

Nishinoya is in awe.

The usual squeak of shoes against the gym floor and the pounding of volleyballs are usually keen to his ear, but now it's all a blur of white noise in his head as he stands, star struck, at a short (taller than him) boy in a red coat currently chatting with his grey haired upperclassman on the side of the court. The game has just ended, adding yet another loss to Karasuno's tally. The daunting task of diving receives looms somewhere in Nishinoya's brain, the sane, conscious part, but that part is not with the second year now, apparently, because he finds his legs guiding him to the duo of third years on their own accord. Noya curses himself silently.

"Excuse me!" He blurts. A surprised Suga looks over at his underclassman, the conversation he was engaged in coming to halt. Slowly, the cause of Nishinoya's thrumming heart beat and object of his current awe turns around, coming to face the Karasuno libero.

Yuu's breath hitches in his throat. He doesn't know why he came over here, all he knew was that he wanted to see this boy again. Watching the libero in action on the court was something completely foreign; all moves smooth and coordinated- an animal in action. Noya knows, somewhere in his dazed mind, that admiring another player for their volleyball skills shouldn't make him feel this flustered, so nervous under the stare of those golden amber eyes. Those confused, beautiful- oh shit. He was supposed to say something.

"Uh-um!" Noya stammered out, probably too loud. He didn't notice. "#3 your receives were amazing!"

The boy in red stiffened, eyebrows shooting up. Well fuck it, he's already started, might as well further embarrass himself. "I've never seen somebody receive so many of our ace's spikes. Your entire team is high caliber, and you're their libero." Nishinoya was screaming on the inside. "I think you have amazing talent. I'm going to do my best too." Noya, for lack of what to do now that he's stopped yelling, bowed curtly, shouting a "Goodbye!" Before turning around and running away. God damn it, he thought to himself, as he felt a blush heat up his face. Why was he so flustered?

"Hey!" Suga yelled after him, even though Noya was no longer in hearing distance. "Don't just say that and run off." He chided. Yaku looked on thoughtfully at the spot where the other libero had stood. He was taken aback, of course, but slowly, a grin began to spread across his face.

"He's dangerous." He breathed out. Suga tilted his head in confusion, so Yaku elaborated. "He's a high caliber libero, too, but he's not arrogant about it at all. Instead, he only seeks to improve." The Nekoma third year paused. "That's scary."

Yaku was immediately impressed. Not only was this boy an unbelievably incredible libero, he was seemingly unaware of his abilities. The third year couldn't help but anticipate seeing the other again.

Also, it didn't hurt that the boy with the blond streak was also pretty cute.

+

"Nobody is allowed to talk until we've all had breakfast or I will make you do suicide laps."

The table laughed at their grumpy captain- Daichi was not a morning person.