Christmas Special Pt.2

3rd person-

Skye tore off her covers and hopped out of bed. She ran to the window, peering outside. Her face lit up at the site of snow.
"Mom! Mom! Mom!" She shouted, running to her parents room.
______
Katelyn's POV-
______
Skye jumped onto the bed, shaking me. I groaned.
"What's up... Skye..?" I mumbled.
"Wake up! It's Christmas!!"
"Wait a few minutes.. Skye.."
Skye frowned, and poked Travis.
"Dad?"
"Hmm..?..."
"Will you wake up?"
"Wh..y..?"
"It's Christmas!"
Travis bolted up.
"What are we waiting for?!"
"Mommy won't get up!"
"Katelynnnn! It's Christmassss!"

•Travis is such a child•

•I am too tho..•

"Ugh.. fine..." I groaned and rolled up.
"Yay!" Skye ran out of the room to go get Liam. Travis leaned over the bed above me.
"Wakeeeee up~"
"Erff..hrmm...carry me..!" I whined and took the covers off my head, peering up at him. He chuckled.
"Are you drunk or something?"
"No! I just want to be..carried..! I'm the one with the babies anyway!"
"Ok, ok, ok!" He scooped me up in this arms. I snuggled up to his chest, and smiled.
"Thanks..." I mumbled,  looking up at him. He smiled.
"You're cute in the mornings..~"
"Whatever, dork.." I rolled my eyes making a face.
Once downstairs, we ate breakfast and the present war began. Travis attempted to clean up all the wrapping paper being thrown everywhere, but eventually gave up. Liam eagerly tore open his presents, shrieking with laughter at each one. Skye wasn't much different. The next hour was filled with shouts of excitement and flying wrapping paper. Finally, the present we ended, and the kids excitedly played with their new toys and briefly inspected their new clothes.

*ring ringg ringgg*

I grabbed my phone and picked up.
"uh..Hello?"
"SUGERPEA!"
"Dad?! How did you get my number?"
"That doesn't matter Sugerpea, now, what's your address?"
"Why?"
"Cause I'm coming over for Christmas, of course!"
I groaned. "Alright, 280 Lover's Lane."
"Oooook! I'll be over at 4! LOVE YOU SUGERPEAAAA~!"
"Bye Dad."
I hung up and put the phone and turned to Travis.
"My dad is  coming over."
"Hm? yeah, ok.. W-W-W-WAIT WHAT?!"
"Yeah... He's coming over for Christmas dinner.."
"Oh geez.."
"Be prepared."

•An hour later•

Liam was now in his playpen in the living room playing with his toys, and Skye was coloring and trying to teaching him colors. They're so cute. I walked to the living room and sat down on the couch, next to a now sleeping Travis, who hadn't moved from the couch since like this morning.

•Me 24/7•

I poked him and waited. I poked him again. And again, and again, and again. I flicked his forehead.
"whattt..." He mumbled.
"Wake up."
"no"
"Yes"
"no"
"Yes"
"nu"
"Yesss"
"nuu"
"Get up or you're sleeping on the couch for the next week~"
He jumped up.
"I'M AWAKE! I'M AWAKE!"
"Finally, my dad's coming over at four."
"Oh"
"And it's two."
"Oh"
"So go get ready, dork!" I flicked his forehead again.
"Ow! Ok fineeee.."
"Take Liam with you! Get him ready as well!"
"Ok.." He scooped up Liam from his playpen, and brought him upstairs.
"Mommy look!" Skye ran up to me, and held up a card with "Mery Cristmas"

•It's spelled wrong on purpose, because she's 8. Deal with it😂

scribbled on the front, and a Christmas tree.
"Good job!"
"Thanks mommy"
"Who's it for?"
"Auntie Aphmau!"
"Aww, we'll mail it to her later, ok?"
"Okay mommy!"
I walked into the kitchen with Skye following behind me.
"Mommy? When the baby going to be born?"
"About five months."
"Oh"
"Now go get ready and change out of your pajamas!"
"Whyy?"
"Because I said so, silly!"
"Ok.."
She trudged upstairs. Moments later, Travis came down carrying Liam. He'd dressed him up in a little blue shirt, and beige shorts. And Travis was still wearing what he slept in. Shirtless with sweatpants.

«Sweatpants Are Life Tho»

"Travis you forgot to get dressed."
"Oh" He shrugged.
"Go change."
"Finee"
He handed me Liam, and went upstairs. Liam giggled happily.
"Mama!"
"Liam!"
He clapped his hands.

•Time Skip Like 45 Mins Becuz Idk What I"m Doing•

*knock knock knock*

I placed Liam in his playpen with some toys, and looked over the house to make sure everything was finished. Food on table. Check. Kids are ready. Check. Travis is ready. Check. I walked over and answered the door.
"SUGERPEA!"
I was engulfed in a hug.
"Hey Dad."
"It's so good to see my little girl!"
"Yeah good to see you too."
"Where are grand babies?! I needa meet these little guys! You said there were three?!"
"Ha, yeah! This way."
He followed me out to the living room and I picked up Liam from his playpen.
"This is Liam. He's two. Can you say hi to granpa, Liam?"
"HI!" He smiled with the few teeth he had.
"He's a mini sugerpea! Can I hold em?"
"Yea sure." I handed Liam over. Dad cradled him. He looked so proud,  I smiled at both of them.
"There's two more, right?"
"Yea.. Skye? Come here!" I called upstairs.
"Yea Mommy?" She scrambled downstairs.
"This is your grandpa." Dad already knew about Skye being adopted and all.
"oh.. h-hi.."
"Hello, darling! I've heard much about you!" He smiled. Skye hide behind me. I mouthed to Dad.
"She gets shy sometimes."
He nodded.
"Where's the last kiddo?"
"Right here!" I patted my stomach.
"Mama has baby in tummy!"
Dad grinned.
"Your pregnant?! Katelyn, t-that's amazing!" He wiped a tear from his eye and hugged me.
"Dad, don't get emotional." I laughed.
"B-But my sugerpea's a-all grown up!" He wailed.
Travis came downstairs, wearing a green shirt and black jeans. Dad looked at him.
"This your husband?"
"Yes sir, pleasure to meet you." Travis held out his hand. Dang, that's the most formal thing I've ever heard him say. Dad eyed him before shaking his hand.
"You better be good to my sugerpea, or I swear I'll—"
"Dad!"
"Ok, ok.. sorry"
"Don't worry sir, I love her with all my heart. Nothing will happen to her in my watch."
Boi why you gotta be so cheesy?
"We'll have dinner  in an hour, ok?"
"Alrighty sugarpea, I'm gonna get to know this," he eyed Travis, "husband.. of your's.."
I stifled a laugh.
"Ok dad.." I leaned to Travis's eye.
"Have fun~" I teased before walking off to the kitchen.

•Time Skip To When All The Foods Are Cooked•

I walked back to the living room. Dad and Travis were talking. I snuck by them and picked up Liam, carrying him to the kitchen. I plopped him down in his high chair. Skye came running in.
"Mommy, is good ready?"
"Mhm, go tell Dad and Granpa, ok?"
"Okie!" She ran back to the living room, and came back a few seconds later, with Travis and Dad following behind.
We all sat down sat down around the table and began eating, chatting, joking, just enjoying ourselves. Just shortly after dinner, my Dad got a call.
"Alright, alright, I'll be home soon, sweetheart~" He hung up.
"Welp, sugarpea, Silvanna wants me home now. It's great seeing you all grown up.." He smiled. I gathered Liam, Skye, and Travis. We all said our goodbyes and hugs. Dad came up to me and pointed to Travis. Travis noticed and gave a curious look.
"He's approved." He whispered to me, a grin on his face. I hugged him.
"Thanks Dad."
We shared one last hug, then he headed off. Skye took Liam by the hand and went upstairs to get ready for bed, I followed them. Passing Travis, I leaned towards him.
"He said you're approved.~" And walked off. I glanced back, just in time to see Travis fist bump the air, with a stupid grin on his face. I chuckled, turning back to the stairs, and went upstairs to get my little ones ready and in bed.

❤️❤️❤️

Happy Holidays to all, no matter what you celebrate! 💞

Question for you all- What holiday do you celebrate around this time of year, or do you not celebrate any?

~Cherry

Words: 1363