Monday

Everyone is coming back from spring break and the third quarter has started. Hinata arrives at school but once he walks through the door, he stops in his place and spaces off for a good minute or two with a horrified look on his face. He remembers today is the day he gets his second quarter exam scores back. After a while of thinking about the terror, the bell rings and he jets down the hall to his class. Language Arts: FAILED! Math: FAILED! History: FAILED! English: D. Science: FAILED!

It hits two o'clock and school is out. Hinata gloomingly walks over to the gym, surprised to see Kageyama there spiking volleyballs a over the net.
"Spiking volleyballs? That's my job, Bakayama!"
"Don't act like you didn't fail all your exams too, dumbass!," he yells back, which for some reason makes Hinata slightly blush.
"I didn't! Thanks to hours of studying with Yachi, I got a D in English..."
"That's barely even passing," the salt shaker Tsukishima says, appearing out of nowhere with Yamaguchi following.
"Yeah Tsuki got all A's, and is taking advance classes, while also being a 1st year!," Yamaguchi comments.
"Shut up, Yamaguchi."
"Sorry, Tsuki."
"What are you even doing here? You know the retakes are only today until 4 right?"
"WHAT?!?," the idiots screamed in shock.
"Wasn't that a little harsh? Aren't the retakes taking place throughout this whole week?," Yamaguchi questions.
"They don't need to know that," the salt shakers spills his salt.

Time flies by and now it's 4:30. Hinata finished retaking all his test for his first few classes, except for English, and is currently retaking science. Considering how much he struggles, his teacher offered to stay back later than usual knowing Hinata would need the extra time. Hinata reaches his final question, but spaces off getting distracted by the thought of how good Kageyama could look in the orange lights reflecting off the sky from a sunset. "Bwah!," he yells realizing what he was just thinking about. He circles the answer to the last question and he stands up to turn in his test, soon realizing the teacher left the room. But seconds later, someone else enters the room, angrily too.
"Do you know Tanaka?," the unfamiliar person says.
"Y-yeah he's in my uh volleyball te-"
"That asshole punched me yesterday when I took this stupid notebook from him, saying it belonged to a teammate or some shit. But man, there's some funny gay stuff in here."
Hinata sees that is his diary. The diary with all the stuff he writes about. Things like his long, hard days, family and friends, school, and especially Kageyama. With panic running through his mind, he immediately tries to yank it out of the guy's hands.
"Hey give me that notebook!"
"Why? So you can give back to your faggot friends? This is hilarious!"
"Give me back my notebook!"
"Your notebook? Ha, now I know the owner. Just wait till the whole school gets to hear about this!" The guy runs out of the room, taking the journal with him. Hinata watches as he goes off, knowing something bad is soon about to happen. 4:40, the teacher is finally back.
"Hinata it's time to turn in your- hey, what happened? You ok?"
"What's the point anymore?! It's over! It's all over!," he yells, storming out of the classroom. He walks out of the school, getting on his bike about to take off, until he hears a calming voice call for him.

"Hinata, wait up, dumbass!," Kageyama calls from a distance.
"Bye, I'm biking home alone today!" He can't talk to Kageyama, not even look at him. Not right now at least. He rushes out of there with tears streaming down his face. Without even noticing, he passes by all three 3rd years in the team; Asahi, Daichi, and Suga.
"Wait, was that Hinata?," Suga asked the other two.
"I think so," Asahi answered.
"It looked like he was mad. Also it seemed like he was crying. And he's not with Kageyama," Suga says.
"Well the exam scores did come out today. I hope he's okay though. He better be at practice tomorrow."

Hinata gets home and stays in bed. He doesn't eat dinner. He doesn't check his phone. He does nothing. And after hours of thinking, and thinking, and thinking, the flightless crow falls asleep.