chapter 4

PRIMS POV

Im suddenly awaken by loud screems.  No, not just any. Its Katniss again. She must be having one of her nightmares. I quickly scurry out of bed and into her room.

"katniss?" I whisper as I hear her saying something in her sleep, tears streaming down her face.

I walk to the edge of her bed and gently shake her. "Katniss... Wake up Katniss..." I say as I brush the hair off her sweaty forehead.

She wakes with a gasp. "Prim?"

KATNISS'S POV

Suddenly, I'm shaken awake.
"Prim?" I whisper and quickly sit up in bed.
"Its okay Katniss, it was just a dream", she calmly smiles down at me.
She truly is a amazing little sister. She's so strong.

"thanks, little duck" I smile and kiss the top of her head before she scurrys back to bed.

I change out of my sweaty clothes before crawling back into bed.

Somehow, I manage to fall back asleep.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I groan and shut my alarm off. I quickly jump out of bed, and into the shower.

When I get out, I notice my eyes are still red and puffy. With a sigh, I put on some clothes. Dark jean shorts and a forest green top, you are my outfit today. I apply a little mascara and some lip gloss.

When I come downstairs, I see mom. no, mom and Prim. Prims talking to mom? moms ACTUALLY listening? whoa parallel universe?

"morning" I mumble.

"MOMS GETTING A JOB!" she suddenly squeals. WHAT??? "your kidding" I cant stop the smile that spreads across my face.

"She got a job as a nurse!" Prim and I start jumping up and down.

Mom still doesn't say anything, but I think I see a hint of a smile playing on her lips.

"I'm running late, see you later little duck"

and with that I walk to school smiling like an idiot.