X

INCOMPLETE CHAPTER
(Wattpad deleted it three times and reverted to earlier, unfinished saves). Z

If you wanna know here it goes gonna tell you; there's a part of me that'll show; if we're close gonna let you see what lives in my brain.

Nick Jonas

     It was quite the gruelling process, plucking Aaron from his guest room on that fateful morning. They had prepared to tell the Carpenter clan over a well organised brunch.

     He had moaned like a ghost until Shawn dubbed him, and yanked the duvet from his frame. Shawn rolled his eyes at the boy who was shaking like an alcoholic; clad in boxer briefs, dark hair tousled.

     "Wake up, my fellow closeted homosexual." Shawn commanded in a haughty tone, puffing his chest out like a hero.

     Aaron rolled from the bed, and landed with a thud; he groaned, heaving a sigh before collecting his figure from the ground and shuffling into Shawn's connected shower.

     Shawn chuckled at the lad when he heard him shriek upon jumping into the cold spray of his shower without allowing it to warm. As it always did when he was alone, Shawn's mind drifted to Cameron.

What was he doing? Was he thinking of Shawn, as Shawn was thinking of him? Was he still sleeping? Was he just waking up with that lazy -yet gorgeous- smile on his face; hair wild like the two of them lacked continence, most likely in the buff like he always was? What that his reality?

Shawn shook the thoughts from his head and excused himself from the bedroom. He greeted Aaliyah who was downstairs with Mishyia who she reckoned to have been her best friend, and their cousin Timera who had both joined her for a casual slumber party.

She -Mishyia- had a tiny crush on Shawn according to Aaliyah, and he almost felt glum about it. He was much too old for her. It made him chuckle when he thought of it that way--bitterly of course; maybe that's what Cameron was thinking.

When Aaron descended the staircase, hushed whispers broke out amongst the three girls, and it reminded Shawn of church, and how Cindy and Mindy broke out into lowly placed rabble when Cameron entered the room.

And so he didn't have to ask much in reference to the whole ordeal, because he understood interest; that it was Aaron. He swept his dark hair from his face, and plopped down on the couch next to Shawn.

     "When are we heading out?" Aaron breathed into his hands that he had pressed to his face.

     "We can go now." Shawn started. "Dylan said your mum's just about done with everything. Not long until they set the table."

     The whispering had gone on as background noise, and Shawn had  developed a fine tuned ear for it; so when it stopped, he noticed.

     "Shawn, can I come?" Aaliyah looked up hopefully.

"This is a very um... well personal matter, for Aaron at least." Her eyes were harbouring tears within the banks, and it seemed as if she had been ready for him to say no; rehearsed it even.

Aaron got up from his spot on the couch, and kneeled down next to the girl, looking her directly in her glossy eyes.

     "Today is a very big day for me." Aaron started. "I've decided on bringing Shawn for moral support, he's my best mate. But look, next weekend, we can all go out...I know how much you like spending time with Shawn. I promise tomorrow, we can all do something. Does that sound all right to you?" Aaron asked hesitantly.

     He had his answer when her face broke out into a smile. "We can maybe go to the beach! Oh, can I bring Miyshia and Timera? You'd love that, right girls?" She turned back to them, and they nodded their heads eagerly.

     "We better be off." Shawn noted, already halfway out of the door. "Thank you...for that back there, I appreciate it. He locked the door behind him. "I want to be a good brother to her, and I feel like I haven't been that as of late, but once this is all over. I think that I can finally be that." He tried, and Aaron opened his door for him, going around to the passenger side and getting into the car.

     "It's no problem man. We understand each other." Aaron smiled, thankful for a friend like Shawn, sure that the other lad felt exactly the same.

     The drive to Aaron's home was brief, and things were already together when they arrived. Candice and Dustyn in the seats that they adorned daily before heading off to college and into the world. Becky and Jeff settled opposite of one another, and plates settled. They prayed alike when Aaron and Shawn sat down, allowing Candice to lead.

"I wanted to wait to tell you guys." Jeff began. "I was the sure if I had gotten it, but I'm going to toot my horn a bit and say that the President of Nawa Sen liked my idea a lot. The companies are going to merge, opening four-hundred new jobs instantly.

"So...there's something that I've been meaning to tell you guys." Aaron admitted, feeling his stomach turn, and his eyes water.

"A-Aaron, I just. How can this be?" Becky inquired, reaching over to clasp her husband's hand. He used his free hand to grab a diaper and clear his mouth of any visible soil; and looked at Aaron as if to say out with it.

Aaron gulped, and Shawn only had known, because he had heard it   He gathered that maybe everyone had in fact heard it. Dustyn continued to eat, not really having a life changing opinion on the matter.

"I-um...it's just me. I don't know how to explain it. It's who I am. It doesn't just come to be. It is, and has been I suppose." Aaron tripped over his words.

"And so how do you suppose that you obtained this information?" His father cleared his throat in inquisition.

"Well, I've been seeing this boy for a while now." Everyone at the table -everyone save for Shawn- raised their brow, even if only in the slightest. "H-his name's Hayes, and I want you uh...I-I want you all to meet him." And he exhaled like someone had been choking him and had only just let go. "He's coming west soon. From um...Carolina actually." Aaron coughed out.

"So, what's the boy, a Johnny Reb?" If Aaron wasn't so fearful, he might've rolled his eyes, but he was terrified, and so he settled for a frown, pushing his plate forward.

"N-no, he's just from North Carolina." Aaron stuttered.

     "Jeff! You can't ask him that!" Aaron didn't know if that meant that she —his own mother— were in his side, but he took it. "You have to learn to be tolerant, accepting of other people and their life choices! Especially the ones that don't affect you! This is our son." Becky declared,

"Becky! What about the church?! What about what people will say? What will they think?" Jeff inquired, fear laced in his tone.

"Well...those church folk, they aren't too holy if they're going around doing God's work, now are they?" Her voice softened, and it hit Jeff like a ton of bricks because the woman before him, she was correct in every way.

I am shaking. I fixed this chapter twice and it screwed up again. I didn't realise until now because I decided to read for mistakes