xxv.

December 23rd, 1988.

Dear Diary,
I can't believe there is less than 10 days until 1989 arrives and big changes are gonna come this way. But i'm really hyped because today is my last day of school before we go on that long christmas break. Speaking about christmas, I brought Eric a early special christmas gift, it's gold bracelet that has his nickname on it. It wasnt a very expensive bracelet, it just costs like only $200. Anywho, We've been together for a month now, and I want to give him something special before the break starts.

****

It was first period and everyone was at homeroom, talking to each other and giving each other presents as i held on my gift for Eric in a velvet - colored box.

I saw Jada walk in with her braids finally out, and her natural hair permed as she held a variety of gifts in christmas bags.

I gasp in suprisement. "Well, who the fuck is you?" I complimented as she chuckled.

"I got you a gift." She remarked as she took out a red colored wrapped present out from her bag.

I rose my eyebrow at her as I took my present, wondering what it is. I shook the present a little bit before opening it as Jada snickered.

I ripped off the wrappers, and it was a Victoria's Secret perfume set.

"The least knobby dot." Jada greeted as I bursted out laughing.

"Don't you mean Feliz Navidad?" I corrected as I continued to laugh.

"I'm drunk, I'm sorry." Jada trailed off her sentence by her chuckling.

"Thank you so much for this gift, Jay, I love you." I thanked as I gave her a tight hug.

She sqeualed. "No problem."

Jada picked up my velvet colored case where I held Eric's bracelet in. "Ooh, do you got something for your sister?" Jada questioned as she gazed in amazement.

I grabbed the case from her. "Keep dreaming." I commented as she laughed.

"And no, it's for Eric, but I have a gift for you already." I replied as I digged in my desk.

Jada kept smiling widely as I digged in my desk. Then, I gave her a christmas wrapped No. 2 pencil.

"The least knobby dot." I mocked Jada as I gave her the pencil.

"Bitch, fuck you." She remarked sartastically as I snickered.

"But who are you giving the rest of these gifts to?" I queried as I looked inside the bags with colorful gifts.

"Well, I'm giving this blue bag to Pac, the red bag to Mickey Mouse--"

"Y'all need to stop taunting that poor child." I commented as Jada snorted.

"Yeah, okay anyways, these two yellow bags are for the 2 stooges, and the purple one is for Aaliyah." Jada concluded as my eyes arched in confusion.

"Aaliyah? Don't you guys hate each other? Oh, wait, did y'all make up? I question as I smiled.

"No, I'm pretending to be her friend so I can get a close update to her honey." Jada impetuously responded as I tilted my head to the left in perplexity.

That's......kind of.....oh.

"So, what's inside that case?" Jada questioned as she glanced at the case.

I opened it up a little bit and showed her the bracelet. Her eyes brighted up as she gave a suprise gasp.

I laughed at her reaction. "You like?"