Chapter 2

Belle groaned as she saw Arthur pull up to “Sasabune”. “Dad, did we really have to come here?” Chuck was surprised at her comment, he thought this was her favorite restaurant, that’s why he chose to come here for the welcome back lunch for the kids. He did everything in his power to please his daughter, he loved her more than life itself. 

“I’m sorry Belle, I thought this was your favorite restaurant.”

“It is, i’m just not really in the mood for sushi today...” Truth is she didn’t want to come here because it reminded her too much of Jason, they used to come here all the time. They were still dating, and he actually was very welcoming when se arrived, but she still had the pesky feeling something wasn’t right between them. She was too distracted thinking about her strained relationship with Jason to notice the steps under her, she toppled over, thankfully Alexander came to her rescue. “You sure don’t want that to happen at the steps of the met tomorrow, you’ll be the laughing stock of Constance, not to mention gossip girl.”

“Oh shut up Alex, I’d be more worried about people have to say about that lovely video of yours of you drunk in Florence gossip girl posted. If I’m the laughing stock of Constance, you’ll be as well.” Belle raised her eyebrow at Alex, expecting his comeback. 

“Oh, I don’t think any Constance girl will be laughing at me, they’’ll be too busy sucking my-” Belle cut him off before he could finish his perverted comment.

“Oh just shut up Alex!” They both burst out laughing, it the first time she’s laughed with a guy in ages, she loves Jason, but his sense of humor is seemingly non existent. Suddenly, Belle feels two strong arms wrap around her waist, she turns around and sees Jason. 

“I’m glad to have you back babe, I really missed you.” He says as he kisses her lightly on the lips. 

“You already said that, honey, do you anything else to contribute?” She tried to roll her eyes and sound annoyed, like she did most of the time, but she couldn’t be more pleased with what she was hearing. Belle leaned in and kissed Jason again. 

“Could you please just wait until we get back to eat each other’s faces off...” Dylan appeared behind them.

“Come on bro, Jason hasn’t seen Belle in a long time. Besides, don’t take out on them the fact that you have no girlfriend and will probably die alone and useless and will have to live off our parents.” Dylan shot a glare at her and then burst out laughing. This was how they bonded, by insulting each other, most people didn’t get it, but it worked for them. As the last limo arrived with Nate, Serena and Charlotte they all entered the restaurant. They were greeted by an overly peppy hostess. “Hi! Do you have a reservation?” The whole crew looked at each other and tried not to laugh, since when did they need a reservation? “I’m Chuck Bass, I don’t a need a reservation.” Chuck Bass looked at her and expected an immediate reaction. 

“Im sorry Mr.Bass, but we are completely full, we can’t seat you without a reservation. 

Chuck could not believe this, they were asking him for a reservation, he’s the most important man in New York. 

“Excuse me, let me speak to the manager.” Chuck shot a glare at her, as she quickly moved to the back of the restaurant. A tall and bald man suddenly appeared and flashed them and huge smile. 

“Mr.Bass, what a pleasure to see you here! Let me show you to your table.” 

“But Mr.Clarke, were already full and-” Her boss cut her off and shot a dirty look at her, he then plastered a gigantic smile. 

“Mr.Bass is our most valued customer, he doesn’t need a reservation.” As the man lead the group to their table, Belle whispered to the now perplexed hostess, “I hope you didn’t like this job very much, because you won’t be keeping it for long.” She then turned around and followed her family.