Chapter 4

“Guys I’m home!” Olivia yelled as she entered her house and plopped down in the couch  in between her dad and brother. “Hey Olivia! How was work?” Dan leaned in and put his arm around his daughter. “Awful actually. This guy named Bass just walked right in without a reservation and my boss let him, even though he specially told me not to seat anyone without one. Not only that, but then this girl, who I think was his daughter threatened me that they were going to take my job away.” The color drained from Dan’s face, after all of those years Chuck Bass still had to be ruining the lives of the Humphreys. “Olivia, Brett I need you both to listen to me, I need you to stay away from the Basses, and anyone around them for that matter. They are awful people who destroy lives. I  suppose Chuck Bass’ kids will be in school with you tomorrow, along with the Archibald twins, I need you to promise me to stay away from them, they are terrible people.” At the mention of Bass, Vanessa walked over to the living room. “Did I just hear that my kids will be attending school with the Basses AND the Archibalds?” Dan simply nodded and she gestured for her husband to go inside their room. “You see Dan,” she harshly whispered “this is exactly why I don’t want my kids attending those pretentious Upper East Side schools. They will be with dreadful people who will ruin them. Don’t you remember what happened to us? They will get destroyed Dan.” Dan had nothing to say, he knew it was true, but he couldn’t impede his children to attend the best schools in New York, not after they won a full scholarship. Just then Vanessa heard the doorbell, she walked over to the door, practicing her best smile to greet her sister in law, but when she opened the door her face went pale as her eyes met someone she hopped never to see again.