Chapter 3

“Guys, could you please help me pick up? Jenny will be here any minute!” Vanessa shouted across the room in hopes that her husband and son would move from the couch and help her tidy up before her sister in law arrived. 

“C’mon Brett, let’s at least pretend to help your mom get the place ready.” Dan looked over at his soon and tried to sound as strict as possible. 

“But Dad, the movie is almost over, besides since when does mom care if this place is clean?” Brett looked around their small loft in Brooklyn, it looked clean to him, and since when was his mom a neat freak? 

“I don’t know, but let’s help her, you know she’s still upset that you and Olivia decided to transfer schools...” Actually Dan did know why Vanessa was so keen on cleaning the apartment, she was a little jealous of Jenny. After his divorce with Serena he got back with Vanessa and they got married shortly after and while his divorce caused Dan to loose all of his success and money, Jenny had gained enough popularity with her line at “Waldorf Designs” to move to Italy and create her own successful label. Jenny lived in Milan and led a luxurious life with whatever her foreign millionaire she was dating at the time, while they were stuck in Brooklyn struggling for money. 

“I don’t get why mom is so mad, we both got full scholarships to St.Judes and Constance, the best schools in New York.” If he only knew what happened in those hallways all those years ago.