Chapter 1

Darkness was all he saw. He tried to breath, but the air was too thick. He tried to scream, but there was no noise. He tried to see, but everything was a blur. He coughed, the cold floor letting him know he wasn't dead.

He blinked, his eyes adjusting to the dark. He sat up slowly, and his vision cleared. He was in a cell, bars blocking him from the outside world. He coughed again. "You okay?" A voice asked. He turned his head quickly, possibly a but to fast, because for a split second he had a mini headache. The next thing he knew, he was looking at another boy. He sat in the corner of the cell. Of course, his vision being blurry, he couldn't see anything wrong with him. "Y-yeah..." The other boy smiled. "Good. You've been out for a while. What's your name?" he asked. "L-lachlan. Why?" He asked. The other boy chuckled softly, and his eyes showed sympathy.

"Well," he started. "If we're gonna be stuck together for a while, wouldn't we want to know eachothers names? Oh, and my name is Rob." He intoduced.

"Hi Rob." Lachlan said. "Can you tell me... where am I?" Lachlan asked. "The chamber of secrets, my friend! Okay, no, uh, welcome to.... the Lab. Do you want me to go into what the lab is?" The boy asked. He seemed casual, like he's been here for a while. I nodded. "The Lab is basicly where they abduct a few kids from their homes with government rights, and take them, and they..." he trailed off. Lachlan felt suddenly scared. "They what...?" The other boy sighed. He put his hands in his blue hoodie pocket, and as Lachlan studied him again, he could make out something different about the strange boy.

He had a pair of dark-brown wolf ears and a fluffy tail, and little claws on his hands. He had deep-brown eyes, but they seemed to have orange-yellow flecks. They also seemed to emit a soft yellow glow. Rob wore a blue hoodie with a large bloodstain on the left shoulder. Fear grew in Lachlan's blue eyes, and he backed into the wall, finding there to be no more room for him to move. Rob's facial expression didn't change, but sadness lingered in his eyes.

"They do this." He said quietly. Lachlan just then took in what this ment for him. He shifted positions, but wasn't able to get comfy. He looked back at the bars separating him from society, not wanting to look at "So it's like... some sick hybrid factory?" Rob nodded. "Sick indeed. There should be others here soon, too. At least we're not alone."

Footsteps echoed down the stone hallway, growing louder with each passing second. "It's one of the gaurds." Rob wispered. The footsteps grew so loud they sounded like they were right outside the door. 'Please don't come for me...' he thought, clenching his fists

A gaurd stopped right in front of the door. He wore a black uniform, his hair was semi-long neatly cut but still managed to be untidy, he had ice blue eyes, and spots on his face that looked like freckles. "Lachlan Power?" He asked, though it was more like a demand. "Oh boys." Rob whispered. Lachlan was quiet. He didn't know how to respond... yes would lead to doom, and no would also...

The gaurd opened the bars, and Rob buried his head in his hoodie. He was scared, Lachlan could tell. Lachlan wasn't scared. He was terrified. The gaurd stepped in the cell and looked around, snrunching his nose. "How do you breath in here?" He asked. "Well, the more of you dead, the better, am I right?" He laughed to himself. The two just stayed silent. "No, I'm not funny...?" He put on a fake look of hurt, before looking down at Lachlan, and smirking. "Oh the things we could do with you..."

Lachlan tensed in fear as the young gaurd reached down and clenched his wrist. Lachlan let out a small yelp as his grip tightened and the was yanked to his feet, which were wobbly from the lack of use.

Lachlan was pulled out into the hallway, his wrist hurting from the grip, which he suddenly felt lift as the gaurd looked for the key on his keyring to close the gate.