1 beginning

Ok here we go!

You and Ashfur had been friends ever sense you where kits with Ferncloud and Cloudtail. You had always felt happy when you saw him but could never explain why.

You sat in the clearing, grooming your soft f/c pelt with quick strokes. Your e/c eyes flicked up and you gave your (nose color) nose a lick and a rub as Brackenfur walked up to you and sat in front of you.

"Hey there y/n, Graystripe says we are on patrol together, along with Ashfur and Thornclaw." he mews

"Alright!" you say with a cheery meow

You all gather and walk through the forest. You hardly notice how close Ashfur was walking to you, your fur practically brushing together.

"Alright we should split up in groups to cover the territory more quickly." Brackenfur announces, "Thornclaw and Ashfur, y/n and me."

You nodded but Ashfur glared at Brackenfur with cold eyes. You all walked off, Ashfur casting a glance back at you as you walked off, ears pricked and tail swaying behind you as you went.

Your paws padded lightly on the leaf littered ground and you instinctively stopped and dropped into a crouch as you heard the rustle of prey.

You caught it and felt your hunger melt away as you ate it quickly. You continued the patrol with care-free ease and low guard as Brackenfur tracked along side you.

"So y/n. Any cat interested in you?" he mewed slyly

You halted and flicked your ear, unamused.

"No, not that I know of." you mewed, continuing on

Brackenfur shrugged and continued with you. Ah oh well, she'll figure it out sooner or later. He thought