Final

A few moons had past sense Raincloud's death and you had learned you were going to have kits, luckily Ashfur had become your new mate and you knew the clan wouldn't suspect anything.

You currently laid alone in the nursery, your belly swollen wide with the unborn kits.

Ferncloud was outside with her kits, watching them playing. You suddenly felt a sharp pain rake up your spine and shadder though your body.

You almost screeched in pain but managed to muffle it down to a low but partcially loud moan.

Almost immediately Ferncloud charged in and approached, giving you a quick sniff before turning and racing out.

A few moments later Leafpool (cause I make the rules, I'm the author I say whos medicine cat.... shes medicine cat) came bounding in with a bundle of herbs in her jaws.

You had rolled onto your side and began feeling dizzy as Leafpool nosed some leafs infront of your muzzle.

After some hesitation and gentle cooing to eat them you chew them up, hardly noticing the flavor as another ripple of pain flooded your senses.

You subconciously started to try and push the kits out while cursing in anger and ignoring words muttered by the helping clan mates.

After what felt like a life time the pain stopped, faiding away. You kep your eyes shut, your mind buzzing and foggy. You wanted to lift your head to let your soft e/c gaze fall on their fluffy kit fur but it felt like all your strength had been squeezed from you.

You then heard a voice echoing through your head. It was soothing and familiar.

'Raincloud...'

"You did good, take care of our kits"

'I miss you'

.

.

.

.

You woke up slowly but felt alot better then when you past out. You held your head up slowly and turned your head and gazed at the three tiny squirming bodies of kits at your belly.

You felt warmth fill your chest. One kit had the same pelt as Raincloud, except the white splotch on its tail trailed to the underside, ending at her chin.

The second kit had a grey like Ashfur's fur with spots of f/c patches on his ears back and tail.

The last kit had pale cream and white tabby fur, a brighter contrast from her siblings but some how you could notice the color was the same as the splotch on Raincloud's tail.

Could Raincloud have had kin with the same pelt colors?

You shook it off as you heard the enterance to the den rustle, you looked and saw Ashfur.

He quietly padded pat Ferncloud, who was sleeping, her kits laying all over her peacefully.

He stopped next to you and sat, his tail curling to his side, his eyes falling down to the kits, they flashed with an emotion before quickly, to quick for you to recognize the emotion, faiding to happiness.

"Have you though of names?" He mewed

You nodded, pointing your muzzle to the she-kit that was a pale and white tabby.

"She will be Cloudkit. You can name this one." You mewed gently, pointing your muzzle to the kit with the fur almost like Ashfur's with patches  of  f/c

He was silent for a long moment before muttering, "Patchkit."

You slightly purred before gesturing to the last kit, the one that looked like Raincloud mostly.

"She will be Rainkit." You purred, letting your eyes shine as you looked back up at Ashfur, he was nodding in approval

Quickly he nosed each kit and then gave you a rough lick from the bridge of your nose to the top of your head, then turning and trotting out briskly, mewing over his should that he had to patrol, like Brambleclaw said.

You never did see the scowl that was on his face and the jealousy he felt at the color of the pelt of the kits and he recognized who it looked like.

But your kits grew and you were proud and Ashfur, after getting over his anger, was content at at least having the mate he would kill for.

The kits grew up to have the warrior names of Patchleaf, Cloudmist, and Rainpelt.

    ~And a very cliché The End