Thirty-Eight

Merry Christmas, everyone! 🎄
I hope you all received everything you wanted, but let us not forget the true meaning of CHRISTmas! 
--------------------------------------------

NEVAEH

The sun entered the room beautifully the next morning, even though it woke me out of my sleep. I turned around and simply admired the man sleeping soundly beside me. He was everything I could ask for, especially on last night. I could still feel his hands and mouth caressing my body.

"Ricky," I finally whispered.

"Hm?"

"I can't thank you enough for pulling me out of my depression and showing me how love is supposed to feel."

He faced me. "You don't have to thank me, baby. But I wanted to apologize, though."

I furrowed my eyebrows in total confusion. "Why? Last night was amazing, Ricky. What could you possibly be sorry for?"

He sighed. "I didn't intend for us to...you know, go all the way last night. Especially since you're pregnant with someone else's child. But I couldn't help myself. You looked so tempting. So beautiful.

As you and I were making love, I couldn't stop wishing you were mine. I couldn't stop wishing you were pregnant with our child. I could tell you were holding back because you still love that other nigga."

"Ricky, please don't st—"

"Let me finish, Nevaeh. I know you and I aren't meant to be together, but I'll always love you dearly. I have one last present for you."

As he got out of the bed, I couldn't keep my eyes off of his tight ass. I know it was a bad time, but I couldn't help it. The sight made me wet.

"Stop lookin' at my ass, Nevaeh," he yelled from the closest.

I laughed so hard I almost fell out of the bed.

When he returned, he made sure to put on his robe so I wouldn't be tempted to look at his dick, either.

He handed me a big black velvet box. One of those boxes that carry expensive things.

"Open it."

I removed the top and almost died at what I seen.

My happiness (and my shock) formed a painful lump in my throat as I stared at the beautiful piece of jewelry

"How much did you—"

"When it comes to you, Nevaeh, I'll spend my last dollar."

"When we broke up all those years ago," he continued, "I started saving money. I didn't know why I did it; I had no specific purpose in doing it, either. But when you and I reunited at that club, I knew what I was gonna do with that money. Now, I know we're not supposed to dedicate our entire lives to material things, but this was the best way I could show you how much I love you."

I smiled. "I love you too, Ricky. But I can't take this. I don't want to take this only to turn around and let Chris back into my life."

"Nevaeh, please take it. He's gonna be in your life regardless because of what's growing inside of you."

I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly. I knew that this would be our last time together, and I didn't want it to end.

Suddenly, I felt myself peeing in his bed.

"Oh, shit," I said while getting up.

I was about to race to the bathroom, but a sharp pain in my stomach stopped me.

"Ricky, I think it's time."

"What? I thought you weren't due for another month!" He yelled as he threw on his clothes.

"I wasn't!"

CHRIS

If anybody even mention her around me one more time, I'm goin' off on a nigga.

That bitch ended up selling the sex tape, which was the dirty little secret she spoke of, for $1.5 million. Kae's true sexuality shocked the world when it "leaked", and I haven't heard the end of it yet. Her sweet-girl-who-got-her-heart-broken-by-a-womanbeater reputation was long gone, but I hear she's using this newfound fame to her advantage by entering the porn business.

As for me, I'm still hurtin'. It's been weeks since it happened and I'm still hurtin'. For once I get to say I wasn't the one who broke somebody's heart. For once it's the other way around.

"I'm not gonna say I told you so," Momma said as she played with Royalty, "but I am gonna say I knew something wasn't right about her, Chris."

Ain't that the same thing? I thought.

"You were just so eager to get her back. I hate to see you like this, baby."

"I hate feelin' like this, Ma. Bein' in love is too hard, I swear. I left a good woman, thinkin' she was my true love...when all that time, my true love was right in front of me."

I rarely cry, but I couldn't suppress my tears this time. I hurt Vae badly; I won't be surprised if she done fell in love with someone else by now.

My phone rang, but I wasn't in the mood to talk to nobody.

"Hello?" Momma answered. "What? Where is she? Sacramento? Oh my. Okay, we'll be there as soon as we can."

"Who was that?"

"Nevaeh's father. The boys are coming earlier than we thought."