29. All He Wants For Christmas

Sorry I haven't been on! A lot has been happening 😝 Phantom live in Chicago was phenomenal! Derrick Davis did an incredible job as the Phantom!

I hope this chapter is okay, Ive had major writers block for a month now

------

*A few weeks later*

Erik's POV

I smiled from my place in the shadows of the chapel as Christine sang out the last note. She inhaled deeply and closed her brown eyes with small pride, opening them again after a few moments.

"How was that, Angel?" She smiled sheepishly.

I nodded in satisfaction, then realizing she couldn't see me. "Extraordinary, it is almost if you are an angel yourself, dear child."

Christine's cheeks tinted with a light pink and she looked down at the floor. "T-thank you."

I smiled, "I only speak the truth my dear. Now, I believe our lesson is over." Looking at my pocket watch, I noticed it was already half past eleven in the morning. Faith would be making lunch soon.

She nodded, fearful, "Oh yes, how inconsiderate of me! I kept you thirty minutes more than I should have, I apologize severely, Angel."

"Do not fret, Christine. Run along now, Madame Giry will be expecting you."

"I am." A voice rang out.

Christine's face turned white and she whipped around. I snapped my head up in the voice's direction. Antoinette stood there in her all black attire, her cane enclosed in one pale hand. She looked down at Christine.

"Miss Daae," She said in a monotone voice, "You're presence is needed in the kitchen. Now." 

Christine whimpered and scurried behind Madame's skirts and she disappeared down the hallway.

A long silence filled the room.

"Now Antoinette. That wasn't very nice." I scolded in a mocking voice, leaning up against the wall and crossing my arms. The fedora on my head was tilted over my eyes.

She scoffed, "Enough, Erik." Her words were sharp and cold. I furrowed my eyes brows, confused.

"What troubles you?" I questioned.

"Her." Was all she said, immediately locking eyes with me when I looked up a bit.

"Christine?"

"No. Her."

I chuckled through my nose, "Antoinette you know I am fluent in many languages, but 'Woman' is not one of them."

No emotion showed on her face as she walked into the room more. "Erik, I am being serious. I am not fond of the mystery woman you are spending your time with."

I stared wide eyed in shock at my feet, my face hidden from her view, "Faith?"

She lifted her eyes brows a bit, "So there is a name to the rumored street rat-"

"DON'T. Call her that." I interrupted, snapping my head up and fuming. I had a feeling my eyes turned into the cat like yellow due to her almost silent gasp.