Deuxième

Bonus points for anyone who understood where I blatantly stole a youtuber's sign off. I'm not sorry at all.

So I was looking through those photos I was talking about the other day and noticed something strange- in pretty much all of them, I have my wings out. Now that's not a euphemism or anything (I'm not that immature), they actually painted me with my wings.

Let's back up a moment- yes I do have wings. They're these huge white feathery things that are the size of me (or bigger, if I bother to work out with them) that sometimes come out of my back. And by sometimes I mean almost never.

The Greeks had this idea that Aphrodite should have her own little minions, that's there's no way she could do all this love stuff on her own. My mother LOVED this idea. She took a few of her sons (me included) and other gods and brought us all together, calling us the Erotes.

"Why is it named after him?" Anteros whined. He's my younger brother and basically another version of me.

"It's part of your name too, idiot," I had snapped back. Of course we fought like brothers, what did you expect?

"Then it would be the Anterotes, which is a far better name," he replied, after which mother shushed him to shut him up. Good thing, too, we're still fighting about this one.

"Mother, what do we get to do, as part of this council?" Hedylogos spoke next. He's the next brother in line, and always had a way with words. I've never gotten on his bad side, thankfully, but I've met those who have (see: Anteros).

"Yeah, we should get something cool!" Himeros agreed. The youngest, who always got what he wants. There's actually three more members of the Erotes, but they hadn't been born yet. At that moment, it was just us four brothers.

"You'll all get bows, of course, and your own area to do justice in," She looked around at us and sighed, realising how much effort this would need, "Eros, you're in charge. Once you four settle everything amongst yourselves, get back to me."

In the next few days, I met with each of them separately. We figured if we all tried to do it together it would take far too long, so I made the final decision of doing little interviews. First was with Anteros, as we went in order of age. We met at some city square, I forget which, dressed as average young men of the time.

"I'm still not on board with you leading this. Do you even know what you're doing?" Was the first thing he said to me as we walked along the path. The streets were busy, so no one noticed our strange conversation.

"Anteros, I've been the messenger of love for a long time. I know what I'm doing. Question is, what will you be ruling over with your bow?" I turned it right around on him, trying to keep everything on track.

"I've been thinking about that. You know how you have those lead arrows?" Anteros had plans of his own, as always.

"The fun ones that punish those against love?" I clarifyed, instantly regretting allowing this council to be formed. Those are my favourite arrows, after all, it's sooo much fun to shoot the Scrooges and watch them react. Sometimes they start seeing things, sometimes they get super paranoid, it just drives them insane. Anyway, let's get back to the story.

"Yep. I want to be the avenger of unrequited love," He announced dramatically, beaming at his self-proclaimed title. I laughed at him, before he shoved me and continued, "Think about it! You can still have a few, sure, but now you can focus on uniting people. We can be partners in crime."

I pondered it and sighed, "I mean, I guess that works. But my favourite arrows?"

He smiled at me, "I can't help that- they're really so much fun."