un

"and i was born
the moment i fell
in love with the
world, because i
knew somewhere,
someone like you
existed in it."

- r.m drake

"i know where you stand
silent in the trees
and that's where i am
silent in the trees."

josh could hear the words that were being sung in the middle of the forest, it was already dark out as it had been past one in the morning. the sky was a navy blue with sparks of stars scattered across it. all in all the view was lovely.

josh hid behind a tree, that had been towering above him as it rose to reach the night sky. he peeked his head out to listen to another boys figure sitting around a campfire singing a song that nobody knew. the campfire boys eyes glistened due to the fire that reflected his entire face. it was a nice view.

"why won't you speak
where i happen to be?
silent in the trees
standing cowardly."

josh felt his heart rate increase, he hid behind his hands and covered his mouth. he wanted to say something but he didn't want to reveal himself. it was as if the lyrics were directed directly toward him. josh was practically hypnotized by the brown headed boy now. the brunette strummed his ukulele slowly to the song he was singing, joshua was in a daze which helped him relax.

the campfire boy hummed the song he'd been playing and put his ukulele down. now he had his eyes closed but continued his song.

"i can feel your breath.
i can feel my death.
i want to know you.
i want to see.
i want to say hello."

"hello," the camp fire boy was more than surprised to have a visitor with him, josh felt that he had introduced himself somewhat properly. but, considering it was one in the morning—it couldn't matter less. "oh, um, greetings," the campfire boy didn't know what to say as he had not ever encountered anyone like josh before.

josh smiled, "i like your song," josh mumbled, his voice low. it was quiet between the two of them for a while, the only thing that could be heard was the crumbling and static of the brown headed boys campfire. the other boy didn't know how to answer josh, besides with a simple thank you. neither of them wanted to come off as rude to one another.

"well, i like your hair," the campfire boy said gesturing at josh's bright red hair. josh's hair shone in the moonlight making him seem powerful, and with the campfire lighting on him, it was even more majestic. josh laughed, "well thanks," josh gave him a thumbs up.

"what are you doing out here in the middle of the night?" josh questioned, leaning against a tree. the branches on the tree literally stuck out to josh, practically poking him in the stomach. the camp fire boy didn't answer his question but instead took him to his camp. josh happily followed along, the two of them sat by the fire, warming themselves.

"i'm joseph, tyler joseph. but, you can call me tyler," he introduced. josh laughed at that, as he placed a hand on his own chest. "well, then joseph, you can call me josh," josh said happily. although he was nervous about meeting a stranger, he did his best to strive through it.

after a while of silence, josh cleared his throat before he could say anything else. "what are you doing out here in the middle of the night?" josh asked the same question again as tyler didn't answer the first time. josh took a deep breath, inhaling the smoke that escaped the campfire. the smell giving him a nauseous yet warm feeling.

"i like going out into the forest alone," tyler said, he pulled out his ukulele, setting it down on his lap. josh felt a bit bad about destroying tyler's privacy like that. he felt about having to take over tyler's space. he always felt bad for things somehow.

"i do this constantly. it is not the first time. it's pretty much what i prefer to as home. i guess it makes me feel free." tyler spoke, quoting on the word 'free' with his fingers. his voice was as clear as the day. tyler spoke softly, his voice resembled a pillow that josh wished to lean on.

"what are you doing out here josh?" tyler said strumming random notes on his ukulele, the noise relaxed josh. josh hummed in reply. he had no clue as to what response tyler had wanted.

"i heard your voice," josh began.
"it sounded lovely."

chapters will be around 1,000 words more likely, i hope that you enjoy this book as much as i do (: