The Knocking In The Bathroom

Well it all happened on a beautiful summer day, I was in 3rd grade and we were just finishing up gym class. As normal we all lined up behind the two water fountians outside of the gym. Giving each other three seconds to guzzle down as much water that we could. Soon it came to be my turn, and I only got a bit of water. Then some of the girls my age were saying they had to use the bathroom. The bathroom entrances were on either side of the water fountians, boys bathroom on the left, girls bathroom on the right.

The boys were going in and out of their bathroom just fine, but the girls stood outside of the girl's bathroom a decent 5 feet away. I walked over to them and told them there was a bathroom right there. A few of them laughed, I think I saw one or two of them shudder at the thought. I was still confused about what was going on, but I decided to leave them alone. My friend, the outcast of the school, Cassidy, came over to me, I could see the sweat dripping down her face and arms. We didn't even do that much but run a few laps.. I told her I was going to use the bathroom, she shrugged and said she'd go with me since she had to use the facility too.

I decided to ask her about what was wrong with the bathroom, and she told me it was haunted. I rolled my eyes, seriously who believes in ghosts anyways. We headed into the bathroom, it was dimly lit, even though the door (which is an open gap) should've let in a bunch of natural sunlight from the main hall. There were three stalls to the right, all painted red and two sinks to the left, you could see the pipes under neath, they didn't even have the blue counter top the other bathrooms had. Rust rimmed around the mirrors above each sink, and a paper towel dispenser sat between both mirrors.

Cassidy didnt wait for me and headed into the middle stall, I reluctantly decided to go into the large stall in the corner. Cassidy got done before me and said she'd wait outside the bathroom, and I agreed.

Then I heard a knock on one of the stall doors. I wasn't too worried about it, and asked who was there. Because it was the custom for us to knock on the doors of stalls to see if anyone was in there. There wasn't a response, so I assumed they just went away.

I heard the knocking again, and asked if anyone was there. No answer, so I decided to see who it was by looking at their shoes. I bent down and looked under the stalls and there was no one there. Thats when I started to panic. I jumped up and the lights flickered a bit, and I flushed the toilet and rinsed my hands off and ran out.

I asked Cassidy if she was in there knocking on the doors, and she said yes, but I saw her face get pale when I asked her, and I could tell she was lying to me. I didn't go into that bathroom alone again, for fear that something worse might've happened if I had stayed in there longer...