six: connections

CHAPTER SIX:

| michael’s pov |

“This place is full of girls,” I complained, pointing at the entrance of the airport.

The girls around were holding up posters, pictures, and whatnot. It was somehow relieving that I was probably the only boy fan, but at the same time, it made me feel embarrassed. 

But my focus was solely on Belle, contemplating on whether or not I should miss this chance. I wanted to see her, but I was scared of what she'd think of me. 

What if she doesn't like me?

But... but what if she does like me?

Maybe I should go.

Maybe.

Though it was odd that I didn’t even know about this abrupt visit, though it was probably because I tried to drown myself in sleep and type my life away.

“That’s one of the good parts,” Ashton cheekily replied, grinning. It was amusing how he could still joke around when he knew I was out of my wits, thinking of what to do or say when I finally meet Belle.

I punched his arm with not much force, rolling my eyes. “Shut up; this is why you don’t have a girlfriend.”

He shrugged, running a hand through his hair. “Maybe I do have a girlfriend, and you just don’t know, because you’re locked up in your room.”

I scoffed, choosing not to counter his comment.

Well, I liked it in my room; at least I actually do something, other than pick up girls.

“How’d you even know about this?” I asked, changing the topic. 

He pursed his lips, thinking for a while. Then he opened his mouth but closed it again.

“Connections,” he finally said, after a few minutes.

“What kind of connections?” 

If there was one thing I knew, it was that Ashton was hiding something. I didn’t know him for a long time, only for months, but it was obvious that he had something he didn’t want to tell me.

He stopped walking, turning around to look at me with a serious expression. “I’ll explain it later, okay? Now, just wait here. I’ll be back.”

And he went off.