eight: peaceful

CHAPTER EIGHT:

| michael’s pov |

I sneaked a glance at Belle, whose arms were crossed and eyes were closed. She fell asleep, a few minutes after our small conversation.

It wasn’t like I was so ecstatic.

Well, maybe I was, but it was just basically an awkward dialogue. I was at fault, I had to admit. I couldn’t say more than five words each time it was my turn to speak. I bet Ashton was laughing at me, realizing how horrible I was with Belle.

“So, how exactly did you get her here? And where’s the rest of them?” I asked Ashton, softly, careful not to make it too loud to wake Belle up.

He sighed, looking at me for a while then facing the window again. “The others are… I don’t know, probably at the hotel already, or at some coffee shop down the road. Wherever you think girls go to.”

He chose not to answer my first question, making me sigh. “How do you know Belle?”

“Fr-“ he stopped, thinking for a few seconds. “Acquaintances.”

“If you were acquaintances, she wouldn’t fly here, just because you said so.”

“Just drop it, Michael. I got her here for you, now stop asking me questions that are irrelevant,” he snapped, his voice raising.

My eyebrows knit together; I wasn’t used to an annoyed Ashton. It wasn’t like I asked something that shouldn’t be asked, right? I deserved to know, at least. This was for me; he said so himself.

But I said nothing, shaking my head and facing the window, too. His attitude was irritating, and that was one of the reasons why I genuinely disliked him.

The only thing I was thankful for was that he had these ‘connections’ and was nice to me, in a way. He didn’t leave me, although we clashed because of our personalities.

I felt a head rest on my shoulder; she was moving a bit to find a comfortable spot. Gulping, I wasn’t sure of what I should do. I didn’t want to ask Ashton for help; he was plain immature right now. 

I leaned back on the seat. That way, her head would, somehow, have support from where we were sitting. I let my hand pull on her hair lightly, so her ponytail would rest on her shoulder, and it wouldn’t disturb her sleep. 

She looked so peaceful, yet still so beautiful. It made me want to kiss her, but I didn’t want to take advantage of her, just because she was sleeping and no one else was looking.

It was enough to just have her beside me, right now.