ELEVEN. KA-KNOCK

the knock at the door was the first thing to make me jump.  well, second thing after watching the conjuring with kat and em.  we decided that it would be a no phone night, but of course kat went on my phone for a while to most likely take funny pictures of herself.

"i got it," i groan, pushing myself up to my
feet and walking over to the door.  i look through the hole to see a soaking wet matt standing there.  "jesus," i say, opening the door.

"no, just me," he says with a grin and i roll my eyes to his awful joke.

"get inside.  it's freezing out here," i say, pulling him inside the house by his arm.  he's shaking and soaking wet with his clothes sticking to him in every place possible.  "stay here and take your shoes off.  i'll get some of sebastian's clothes that he leaves here."

i quickly go upstairs to grab a shirt and pants from the extra bedroom seb had stayed in a few times before just for the hell of it.  back downstairs, i notice kat and em are gone from the couch which is odd.

"where are kat and em?" I question matt while holding the clothes out for him.  he shrugs his shoulders while taking the clothes from me.  "weird," i shrug.

"um, i wanted to talk about the texts from
before," he says and i furrow my eyebrows.

"the ones from yesterday?  i haven't been on my phone all day.  kat might've though."

"so you didn't see the...?" he trails off and i raise an eyebrow.  "yes!" he says victoriously, throwing his fists in the air.  "i didn't make an idiot of myself."

"you do that anyway," i laugh with matt glaring at me playfully.  "what are you so happy that i didn't see though, matthew?"

"uh, nothing," he says with a nervous smile.

"spill it right now," i say firmly, crossing my arms over my chest.  he hesitates and sways side to side on his feet.  "matthew daddario, grow a pair and say it."

"will you go on a date with me?" he says in one quick breath.  i blink in surprise and drop my arms from my chest.  "not like one of our group date things, like a real cliche movie date because i know you love those.  i want to go on a date with you."

i stand there in shock and his face drops.  he thinks i don't want to but it's the opposite.  i didn't think he felt the same way.

"i get it if you don't want to," he says.  i cut him off by pressing my lips to his, my hands on his cheeks.  he grabs my hips and quickly kisses me back with a smile.  "well that's not a no."

"hell yes i would love to go on a cliche movie date with you, hot daddy," i giggle, matt blushing like crazy.