3. Car rides

Peter had agreed to help us score! Bet you he'll die. We got out of his house and into the car, this time with Logan driving and Charles in shotgun thank god. While I got cramped in the back with Peter sandwiched between Hank and I, my face mushed against the window and feeling moderately to extremely uncomfortable we set out to our mission at the pentagon.

After a while of listening to the plan over and over again, I fell into an abyss of sleep with my head leaning against the vibrating window.
Let's play.

PETERS P.O.V
Welp nothing can be more boring than this, I slumped back into the seat. I realized that the girl was asleep with her face smushed against the window, adorable.
"Peter are you even listening?" I heard Logan ask, I pealed my eyes from her face to look at him.
"No, sorry" I said looking at his eyes in the rear view mirror.
"Lover boy" he mutters as we hit a pothole. The whole car jumps and everyone inside lurched in different directions, her head lolled on to my shoulder, her remaining hair falling in to her face. I smile to myself and tuck it behind her ear.
After a while I started to fall asleep too, my eye lids drooping and my head beginning to hang slightly, until I could barely sit up.

ELI'S DREAM

"Mummy!" I scream my throat raw and voice horse as I thrash about in a tight grip of a cold pair of arms "Mummy! Don't let them take me away!".
The men had come to take me away for experimental treatment. They wore white coats and stood over me, monsters.
Mum looked up from her hands and stared at me through misty eyes "it's okay sweetheart.... It will all be okay" she whimpers standing up and holding my hot, wet cheek in her cold hand "you'll be okay, you're just ... You're just".
"An abomination!" Roared my stepfather standing up and yanking my mum away from me in a protective way "and that's all you will ever be". He pushed my mum behind him but she tripped and fell.
"DON'T TOUCH HER!" I thundered the whole room rattled, that's when the fire started. Before I could stop them the voices took control, sparking the house fire. The heat hit my face like a hot iron falling from the ironing board, an amber light was all I could see. And all I could hear was the screams, loud and harsh like knifes piercing my ears. My nose filled with smoke making me gasp, but nothing came, no air, nothing. My home was alight all my childhood up in flames, turning ash.
Two faces appear in the burning rubble, pulling me out from under the fallen debris by my arms. One of the men pulls out a syringe and points it at my neck inching further toward me, the needle a centimetre away from puncturing my skin....

END OF ELI'S DREAM
ELI'S P.O.V
I jerked awake with a gasp. Abomination the word echoes through my head as I register where I am, in a car, the same cheap rental car as before. I look around and realize me head is resting on something warm and firm, something comforting. I gaze at my pillow not moving my head once I saw what it was. My head was wresting on Peters shoulder Ha! He is probably disgusted!
I feel his forehead leant on my hair and feel his breath brush along my scalp. I smile to myself and snuggle closer to him. Don't go getting attached! Remember what happened last time! The voice booms as the car continues down the now dark highway. Didn't realize how long this car journey was, I sniffed the air. They stopped for food, without you! You could loose a few anyway! I pulled my shirts tighter around my shoulders pressing my head into Peter, I droned out the rest of the ride listening to the quiet lull of his heart beat. I didn't want to go back to sleep, I was too scared.