Chapter 3 || Trouble

"Okay! Okay! I'm coming! Just wait for me" I yelled making sure the person on the other line go deaf

Sofie's been calling me this afternoon to come at her house for a movie marathon. What a nonsense right. So I just agreed, but made my decision for a few hours because I'm too lazy to get up from bed. And besides, I won't be doing anything for today because it's vacation, so why not spend time with Sof?

I grabbed my hoodie and walked out of my room, I told nanny that I'd be out until midnight so if anyone finds where Anastasia is, she's not home. Everyone's not around too, Avery's preparing her documents for the university she'll be studying and Gavin? I don't know and I don't care. My parents are at work, as usual.

It's already dark because it's half past eight but I chose to walk instead of hailing a cab. I need exercise too and Sofie's house is just two blocks away from here so it'll be a good walk.

The night's calm and I can only see the street lights flickering by the road. No one's out and the park's empty. It's unusual because before, at this span of time there would be a lot of skaters at the park, but now there's none.

I can feel that there's someone following me but I shrugged it off. It's dark and maybe it's just my illusion.

My pace got faster but I can still hear the footsteps behind me and it's getting nearer. I turned around and saw none, maybe it's just a dog. But there are no stray dogs in this part of Los Angeles.

I plugged my earphones in to ignore that thing. But as I walk I can still feel its presence at my back. I bowed my head down and removed an earplug to hear whether there's a person behind me.

Before I could even make a move there was a hand that covered my mouth making it hard for me to scream. I tried to get out of the person's grip but I can't. Then everything became black.

•••

Sofie

What's taking Anastasia so long? It's been 30 minutes since she hung up on me. She should've had a cab or asked Roberto to give her a ride.

I sighed and plopped down the bean bag and started to watch a movie. I'll just change it when she comes, I hope she's alright.

•••

Gavin

Speaking of pranks, I'm currently following Anastasia down the streets, I don't know where she's headed but I think this one will work.

This girl really is brave, look at her! She's walking all alone in this empty road and it's too dark because it's almost 9 in the evening and she didn't even bother if something happens to her.

I got a plan on kidnapping her. Not really.You get it right? No? Well, it's a prank, it explains everything. I'm wearing black clothes and a cap for her not to recognize me. This is not a good idea though but I've nothing to do. She's used to it anyway.

•••

Sofie

Anastasia where the hell are you?! You're not picking up your phone or replying to my texts. Come on you little brat.

I've got a feeling she's in trouble

What?

She's out in the dark you moron!

And?

She might not survive

What're you talking about? And wait. Who are you?

I'm you, duh.

Oh god, am I crazy? Why am I talking to myself? Maybe I'm already sleepy that's why I keep on hearing voices in my head.