Chapter 2- A New Life

SKYE

I wave my friends goodbye and hug them. I was going to miss them. Tears dripped down my face as we drove past not looking back, looking forward to out future. I wiped my tears away. My mother, Selena was sniffing too. We had to move as we couldn't afford it anymore. We were moving to Health Cliff to start a new life at Hilltop High school. I was starting there in year 9. It was 9:00, we drove to our new house.

It was the only house we could afford. It was shabby and dirty but it was home. Inside wasn't much better, it was dusty and dirty.  I was nervous starting a new school. I wasn't exactly the easiest person to make friends with ; I was shy and a terrible listener.

I packed my bag. I neatly combed my hair and let it cover my face. When I was nervous I tend to hide my face a lot. Mother always scolded me for not looking people in the eye when they were talking to me I couldn't help it. I pulled on my new uniform which was way too large for me. I had just ironed it and it neatly sat across my arms.

"Casey!" I called. Casey was my older sister. She was still in a wheelchair and unable to talk. She had a rare disease called Ganser syndrome. Casey had trouble eating, talking and learning. I didn't tell anyone about her because I was scared they would think I was mental.

I sat opposite Casey as we drink a cup of milk. It was all we could afford and it tasted sour. " honey, I would like the it if you would show Casey around your school!" Taylor said. "But ma, it's the first day, please!" I cry. "Skye, she is your sister!" mother cried. I walk out the door and run to school.

Tears drip down my face. I enter the school, it towers over me. Everyone stares at me as I enter the gate. I take a seat on the chairs. I see a group of girls staring at me and pointing and laughing. I can hear what they say but I pretend to ignore them. I watch as a pretty girl with blonde hair enters. I am about to walk up to her and say hi when she walks straight to the group that was laughing at me. I sigh.

She is pretty, her blonde hair was wavy and her green eyes were as pretty as emeralds. She suited her uniform and her cheeks were rosy. Mr Power the principal walks up to me and shakes my hand. He is a very short man and I had to bend down to shake his hand. He shows me around the school and introduces me to some girls.

They are all wearing glasses and reading books. "Um hi!" I say shuddering from the coldness of the wind. They look up but don't answer. I step away from their table and bump into someone. I turn, it's the girl I had seen before. "Sorry!" I cry, helping her with the drinks. "Oh, hey" she calls quite surprised.  "I'm Addison!" She saids shaking my hand. "Skye" I say my voice gets choked up. "Addie!" A girl from the table stands. Her hair is blonde and streaked with extensions. Her lips shine with lip gloss. Addison shrugs and saids bye, then she leaves. I am left staring after her.