Chapter 9- Date

ADDISON

I pushed back my blonde hair and tried to smoothen the messy tangles that stuck straight out like baby hairs. I plucked my eyebrows and brushed my teeth so hard, my gums started bleeding. I was late! I was supposed to meet Leam 2 minutes ago and I hadn't even left the house!

I threw on a silky pink and white shirt and pulled on some pale skinny jeans. I brought at the curler and wrenched out at my hair until I was happy with it. I place mascara on along with a layer of lip balm. I pressed my lips together. I flicked the liner to create tiny, perfect sized wings at the corner of my eyes.

Damn! My mascara smudges. I decide I look fine. Then I race out the door "bye mum!" I cry loudly. I rush off before hearing her answer.

I drive crazily to the Aster Cafe and I slam my fists when I have to wait for a parking spot. I press the horn at least 10 times and traffic held me up. 10 minutes late! Crap! I run out to the cafe heels clicking loudly.

"Ding!" My phone chimed. Where are you? Leam sent to me. I sigh and hurry up. I see him sitting at the table. I flatten my hair and clear my throat. "Leam,I'm so sorry I'm late!" I cry as he stands and holds my chair out for me. "That's kay" his chill voice warmed my heart, I forgot how handsome he was.

His normally hazelnut eyes were now golden from the sunshine and his skin was the same tanned colour of a light caramel brown.
As he hugged me, I breathed in his scent of the woods. He smiled at me, dimples flashing and I smile a gap toothed grin back.

"You look lovely miss_"he broke off. " Hyland, Addison Hyland " I smile. "And you must be Mr_ " I mimic him. He laughs "Leam Asty" he pronounces in his accent of his. " so where are you from?" I ask, unaware that I am leaning closer. "France" he smiles. So that's where his accent comes from!

"Addison, you are the nicest friend I've ever had". I feel disappointed. " yeah" I mumble obviously disappointed. Leam orders me a coffee and the questions keep coming. We arrange to meet again before leaving and I press a kiss to his cheek. He pulls away and once again my heart drops. " bye Addison!" He calls waving.

I enter the house still shaking. Did he like me or not? Why were boys so hard to read? I turn the lights off and flop onto my velvet covers. Skye had been away today, I hoped she was okay.