001

I was on the sand, watching the waves of the sea destroying the sand castles built by kids. The wind was pushing my hair back when I felt the ground beneath me shaking.

"Amelia! Wake up! Ameliaaaa!" I heard as my eyes fluttered open. I opened my eyes to see Matthew jumping on my bed.

"Amelia! Hurry the fuck up! We're going to be late and I won't get the chance to see Celia if you don't hurry up. Get up!! We can't be late on the first day back!!" He stopped jumping and started shaking me while screaming in my face.

"Can you calm the fuck down? And how the fuck did you get into my room? I could have been sleeping naked and you would have invaded my privacy!" I said as I pushed him off my bed. I heard a thud and saw him get up and rub his head.

"I thought you got over your dumb crush over Celia? You're still not over her?" I asked him as I got out of my bed and started to grab my clothes.

He got up and sat on my bed as he watched me grab my clothes.

"Well, first of all, that fucking hurt. Second, obviously through the balcony. Our rooms are literally connected through that tree" He rolled his eyes and continued rubbing his head. "And yeah, I'm still not over Celia. When have I ever said that I had gotten over her?" He added on.

I rolled my eyes in response "Well, I'm up now. Can you get out?" I said as I pointed to the door. He looked at me confused. "Matthew get the fuck out!" I said as I grabbed him by the arm and pushed him out of the room.

As soon as I was done, I opened the door to find Matthew sitting on the ground, pouting.

"Why are you pouting?" I said as I leaned on the door frame, looking down on him.

"Because you kicked me out of your room," he said as he looked up at me

"Matthew Lee Espinosa, why the fuck would I allow you to see me change?" I asked with a stern look on my face.

"Why not? I'm your best friend!" he asked as he stood up

"Exactly matt, best friend. Not my boyfriend." I said emphasizing the 'best friend'

"Hold on, so if I was your boyfriend, you would let me see you change?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"Wait- That's not what I mean-" I got cut off.

"Hey Mel, let me be your boyfriend then," he asked with the biggest smirk on his face while he crossed his arms across his chest. That smirk. I wish I could just wipe that smirk off his face.

"You wish, Espinosa," I replied as I pushed him out of the way.

"Worth a shot. Let's go now" he said as he shrugged his shoulders.

In school

We walked into school. He placed his arm around my shoulder. It wasn't the first time he's done that, but whenever he does that, it does make me feel slight butterflies. I don't have feelings for Matthew but my love language is physical touch, so it does have some effect on me.

While walking in, we saw our group of friends and approached them. I saw Victoria and Andrea gave us some weird looks.

"Hey Matt, I'm going to talk to Vic and Andrea, okay? I'll see you later" I said as I moved away from him and took his hand off my shoulder.

"Oh, okay babe. See you in the first period?" Babe? I mean he has called me that before, but it's still weird when I hear him say it.

"Save me a seat if you're there first!" I said as I walked away.