Chapter Twenty Four

Never mind going to the Alps, we would be going to Paris by plane. When I travel, I always pay my own way but I was stopped.

"Rose, let me. The Huntress may have found us because of Peter and I. I promise I will not smother you as long as it does not interfere with your safety, Peter and I are having the flight chartered."

When we got on, I made sure Svetlana would be stable. I surrounded the injured shoulder with pillows and I had if immobilized, Svetlana was mentally blown to the point she fell asleep in Pavel's arms.

I was exhausted and I passed out in Gabriel's arms. I did not even know I was being woken up until I heard someone call my name.

"Rose, Rose wake up! Svetlana is in worse pain. We will be landing in ten minutes."

It was Gabriel who woke me up and it looked like I had been sleeping for a while.

"Svetlana, how long have you been in pain?"

"Two hours"

"Who decided to let me sleep? Svetlana, I will look at the wound when we land. It might be from the cabin pressure. I had to deal with it when sometimes I would fly with the wounded during the war and I could not give them any more morphine safely."

Then the finger-pointing began and it all centered on Gabriel.

"Care to explain?"

"Rose, I told them not to say anything. I have been using Pavel as my pillow."

Damn you Svetlana for being so stubborn.

"Svetlana, let me know, please. I can not help you unless you say something. I am used to sleeping light and being woken up ten, twenty times during the night. Svetlana, I will be able to ice it down once we land. That is the only thing I can think of to do for pain since we are all technically dead."

The three men rolled their eyes at my response.

Gabriel looked deep in thought. "I have heard of some vampires being able to take morphine. Rose, when we land I am going to make some calls to get some morphine. Do you know how to dose it? It might help her with the pain. The huntress might have put black rose oil on the arrowhead. It will not kill but it is irritating and very painful."

"I can handle dosing it. Can you also get medical supplies such as bandages and antiseptic solution? Flushing out the site will be key in getting rid of the problem."

"Yes"

When we landed the hanger, Svetlana went to grab her luggage when Pavel stopped her.

"No, you are injured."

I went to grab mine but Gabriel stopped me.

"I was taught to be a gentleman. Let's get Svetlana to the castle."

All of our things were loaded in and we were taken into the castle. I just followed Gabriel to where he was going to put Svetlana. He left us alone and Peter followed him out. Pavel stayed.

I gently went to work and handled Svetlana's dressing like I would on my human patients.

"I think the cabin pressure caused the injury site to become more inflamed. I would still like to flush it out. The morphine might give you some relief. It is worth a try."

I just sat with Svetlana for an hour when Pavel came in with the supplies. I started by flushing out the wound.

"Damn it, that stings."

"I need to clean it out. Who knows what else that black rose oil will do? I wish there is a doctor that treats vampires. You could use one."

Svetlana seemed to be deep in thought.