t w e n t y s i x

|TwentySix|

|TwentySix|

The rest of the week drained away -it passed quickly and with little discomfort. The beeping in my ears hadn't returned. However, my constant need for sleep was yet to die down. It confused both Lucifer and me, who had no idea of the possible cause.

Perhaps it was the Fates doing Lucifer had suggested to me one night. But why, was my response. Why would they feel the need to make me permanently exhausted? Could they sense that we're planning something?

As the week filtered away into the past, Lucifer called the archangels in for a surprise, unplanned meeting to discuss the Fates. It was safe to say that everyone, demons and angels alike were becoming more and more confused by their actions. Or should we say - lack of actions? The archangels hadn't heard from them in a few weeks. Everything was a little strange.

The key factor being 'surprise', as in the archangels were the only party left in the dark. It was made quite clear that the archangels had no idea that such meeting was even supposed to take place, judging from their confused expressions. Which explains the reason as to why Raphael, Uriel and Gabriel were all sitting awkwardly on Lucifer's sofa in his front room - Michael being the only member missing, yeah - turns out I was supposed to tell them about the meeting. Oops.

"Can I just say that this is not how one is supposed to treat a house guest," Raphael said with a huff as he gripped the tie around his bathrobe and jiggled his knee up and down.

He leant forward with an unimpressed expression and whispered, "I was in the middle of a bath Charmeine, the middle of my bath and all of a sudden I have the demon of freaking lust standing in my bathroom acting like we just ran into each other at the supermarket! Like, what the hell!"

Asmodeus smirked from across the room, "I wouldn't mind running into you at the supermarket."

"Oh shut up!" Raphael scowled, tossing a pillow across the room - hitting Asmodeus square in the face.

"Feisty," Asmodeus commented, his smirk deepening. "I like it."

"Seriously, can this guy leave? I've had an uncomfortable morning!"

"You're complaining?" Gabriel said in disbelief, completely disregarding Raphael's discomfort from Asmodeus' remarks. "At least you had bubbles to cover yourself - I was changing, changing and this girl walks in without knocking once!" Gabriel shot an accusing finger at Aggy who was sitting on the armchair of one of the added seats.

Aggy smiled at his comment, "If it makes you feel any better, I like what I saw."

I watched in amusement from the sofa opposite the Archangels. It was like watching a comedy-drama act out in front of me.