•|Chapter 2~Just for tonight|•

|CHAPTER 2~Just for tonight|

"Not no, but hell no." Is all I say before setting down my hot chocolate with a clunk. The excited look on Veronica's face immediately fell to a scowl as soon as I spoke those words.

"It wasn't a question Luna, it was a command." She states bluntly with a smile etched on her lips, but before I could protest again, she tugs me up and off the couch in a swift movement—cutting me off from my word jumble.

"Wait, no V, I don't wanna do this. I just wanna cry while watching friends on Netflix with a tub of ice cream in my hands." I say in a whiny way while Veronica just tugs me to her room. Even with my protest, she just laughs and continues tugging at my arm. We finally make it to her room with a decent amount of time after all the trouble and agony.

"Sit." Is all she says gesturing towards the edge of the bed. I just roll my eyes before obliging and sitting down, making her smile in triumph.

"Okay, you've brought me in here, now what are you gonna do?" I say before throwing my hands up in exasperation. Veronica kneels down to my height—mere inches from my face. She just stares blankly in my eyes for a second before finally opening her mouth to speak.

"You wouldn't mind if I used heat on your hair, would you?" She says with a smirk. And at that moment, I knew exactly what she was going to do.

After about fifteen minutes of being poked and prodded with a mascara wand to being burnt with a curling iron, she finally finished—what she called 'Making me a man magnet'. Which is obvious bullshit that I'm not buying.

"Are you done yet?" I say, sounding like a child not getting her way as I rub my hands against my cheeks.

"One last piece of hair, and you're done." She says before setting the curling wand down.

"Voilá, my masterpiece is finished." She says as she kisses the tips of her fingers, only making me snort at her dramatic revelation.

"Can I look?" I say as I turn my head to look at her.

"Yup." And with that, I get off of her bed to look in the mirror. I was stunned at what I saw, from my short brown now curled hair, to my perfectly winged eyeliner that went perfectly with my hazel eyes. I for once in my life, felt kind of confident.

"Wow," I say with a smile on my face as I gently touch the end of my hair.

"I know right, I'm a miracle worker." I see a head pop in and say over my shoulder, making me just roll my eyes before turning to face her.

"Alright, Ms. Miracles, you need to ready yourself too if you're going out tonight." I say while gesturing up and down at her.

"Please little wolf, just find a dress in my closet. I can tell you for a fact that by the time you get that dress on, I'll be fully prepped and ready to go." She says before taking her makeup bag and walking to the bathroom—leaving me there with my eyebrows raised.

This is surely the most cockiest person I knew.

I end up deciding on a silver silk spaghetti strap dress that flowed down to about mid thigh length, fitting me kind of loosely in the bust area since we don't really share the same sized breast.