•|Chapter 18~Feelings isn't just a word|•

|CHAPTER 18|
|Feeling isn't just a word|

Just sitting there, waiting. I have to say, it was pretty nerve racking considering the person I was waiting for had more dirt with the cops than any known serial killer.

"I got it! I'm not a kid you know, I can walk myself out."

Recognizing the deep voice clear as day, I roll my eyes before standing up. And low and behold, the sight of Adriano and a police officer become clear the moment they come around the corner of the hallways from the jail cells. I was a bit taken aback when I saw Adriano's disheveled appearance. His raven black hair is a disarray of messy long curls as his wrinkled clothes reflected something similar.

The moment his eyes met mine, he new how raged I was by the look of fury that was radiating in my eyes.

"Luna, I can e-" he starts to say almost running up to me, but I put a hand between us before he could even get near.

"Let's just go home, okay?" I give him a expressionless look before turning my back to walk out. Feeling Adriano's heels on the back of mine with each step I take. Until finally making it outside.

"Please, Lune. I know you're pissed and I get that, but please just let me explain," he says from behind me the minute we make it out the door, making me stop in my tracks before slowly turning around. A glare plastered on my face, a glare that showed him how pissed I actually was.

"Let you explain how you got in a bar fight at 1 o'clock in the morning with a guy you had no recognition of?! I-I just don't even know what to do anymore. I care too much about your safety to have stuff like this happen, all the time. Which is stupid because of the type of person you are."

Just now realizing how close Adriano's gotten by how close I was looking up into his blue eyes, I look down at my shoes to avoid the look in his eyes.

"And what person am I exactly?" His voice too monotone to even know if he was angry or just messing around. My question is never answered even after turning around to see the straight look plastered on his face.

"An assassin. You kill people, and you get no grief whatsoever for the–whatever amount of people you've killed."

"563." His expression never wavering as he continued, "In my whole business, that's the amount of assassinations I've completed," he finishes in a whisper, making sure that none of the cameras catch anything we're saying.

But the sad thing about this scenario, was I wasn't even shocked. The fact that what he said, didn't even affect me whatsoever, even as utterly stupefying as it was. So I decided to just stand there with an unreadable expression on my face, up until I assumed he got the point of what I was currently feeling.

"Luna, I realized something last night, something I should have put in the past a while ago," he says as he starts to take closer steps towards me, making me take a few small steps backwards. His eyes were gleaming with something different than what they usually do. Something, kinder.

"Adriano, I don't know what could be different, or what you could even be talking about, but the look in your eyes right now is honestly scaring the living crap out of me," I say as he looks down straight into my eyes, but my words obviously we're obviously not taken seriously when I see the smirk slowly etching its way on his perfect lips.