Chapter 21 ✔️

**** A/N: There's a point to all these sad chapters I swear. I'm sorry to ruin your makeup repeatedly. ****

• Chapter Twenty-One •

Raven's Point of View

It's been a week since the death of Jessica and Michael. Their funeral was held three days ago. At first, we weren't even able to move, nor did we find ourselves capable of speaking. But as the days went on, we simply just found ourselves talking again. Somehow we were slowly getting better. Whatever 'better' was anyways. 

Although with the holidays coming along, it only reminded us that we'd lost everything. Our friends come over often to check upon us. The neighbors come to say that they are sorry for our loss. Word gets fast in our small town like wildfire as always.

Declan and I have been sleeping in the same room. Either we don't sleep, or we have nightmares, and the only thing that has allowed us to sleep was to stay with each other. Our parent's accident keeps haunting us in our dreams, just like the lifeless bodies of Jessica and Michael do.

Sometimes even Cora has nightmares. Everette usually gets drunk or leaves the house to God knows where. Everywhere we look or go to have a sentimental memory with them. Everything around us reminds us of them, of what we've lost.

Today was December 23rd, and the girls have decided that we should get out of the house. We've denied, but they didn't take a no for an answer. Andrea's parents are having dinner, and they wanted us to be there.

Don't get me wrong Andrea's parents are great. They are loving people. It's just the fact that we have to attend, which makes me sad. After all, we've been through these last few days. It just doesn't feel right. Not only were we invited, but Mrs. Grey invited everyone. And by everyone, I mean all our lunatic friends.

Ian and Dawson have been coming over once and while too. Sometimes they try and cheer us up, but it never works. "Raven, Cora, could you give us a hand?" Jess' voice came from downstairs.

I had almost forgotten she came last night to stay over. The loss of yet another sister took a significant toll on her. Even if they didn't share the same mother, it took them quite some time to get a hold of their lives.

I got up from the bed and went downstairs to help her. "You're looking pale, Raven. The four of you have been locked in this house for almost two full weeks." Dawson said as he passed a grocery bag to me.

"I'm fine. There is nothing outside anyways," I said bitterly. "Oh my, Cora, you've lost weight. Have you not eaten?" Jess asked us worriedly as I noticed her eyes were still puffy from crying.

"Not hungry, and what exactly do you need help on?" Cora asked, sounding a bit rudely. They motioned towards the grocery bags on the kitchen counter.

"With the food, you need a proper meal, and the little trouble makers are worried about you all," Jess spoke up. I started to take the things out of the bags and started to cut the vegetables.

"I'm going out! Don't wait for me!" Everette's voice rang throughout the house. "Where are you going?" Dawson asked him.

"Like I said, going out," Everette yelled back.

All I heard was the loud bang of the door. "Do we have enough pain killers and gauze?" Cora asked me. "I think we do, let's cook he's going to be hungry when he arrives." I sighed and continued to cut the vegetables.

Every time he leaves, he comes back beaten up, really bad if I may add. "This has become a routine?" Jess stated in disbelief.

Cora and I only nodded and began cooking. And just in time, Declan walked inside the house.