Chapter 29 ✔️

• Chapter Twenty-Nine •

Malakai's Point of View

There are points in life that you'd wish you could erase. But as it turns out, life isn't all unicorns and rainbows as we all thought as kids. Fairy tales don't exist, and prince charming doesn't even belong in this reality.

Life has been complicated from the start.

These past few weeks have been hell. I can't keep hiding the things I do from Raven. On the day of my birthday party, Raven had become mine completely. My feelings for her have gotten a lot stronger. It's like I can't get enough of her anymore.

The happy moments that I've spent with her and everyone else is just too risky to keep close to heart.

"Malakai, have you been listening to me?" Blaise's voice suddenly broke me out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying? My bad, I'm spacing out again." I spoke up as I faced his direction.

"I was telling you that I am very proud of you. You'll soon graduate and still kept Raven safe and sound." Blaise stated.

Have I kept her safe? Just by being with her, I'm already putting her life at risk. I don't know why I'm honestly freaking out now.

"Blaise, I've had stress dreams lately. Is that even normal anymore?" I asked. Freaking out or not, I need some answers to this insanity. "Is this about Raven?" He asked as he sat on his chair.

I nod as I grabbed a chair and sat near him. Blaise let out a sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"If you're regretting anything, I think it's too late for that now. I told you that it wouldn't be easy." Blaise spoke up. I knew he would say that. Should have listened to him in the first place. I told myself as I waited for him to continue.

"If you leave her now, you'll only put her in even more danger. I'm sure that Shane by now knows your weaknesses." He added.

"So, what am I supposed to do?" I asked in defeat.

"Stay near her and keep your eyes open. I will think of something okay." He stated.

• • •

After handling a few deals here and there, I decided to head over to Dawson's house. Raven's family are very kind people. They treat me like family, and so far, I've done everything in my hands to keep that up.

Dawson and Jess were throwing a small party for the trouble makers since their birthday is near.

"Malakai, glad you could make it. Raven's at the back, you know she loves those kids." Dawson said to me.

I nod as I walked inside the house and went to the backyard. Jess was already making the food. Everyone else was playing around with the kids.

"Kai didn't think you would come," Leah stated once she saw me.

"Yeah, well, I couldn't just miss out on these trouble maker's birthday," I told her as little Ava ran up to me.

"Malakai you came!" Ava squealed with a smile on her face. I let out a small chuckle as I carried her and spun her around. This made her squeal yet again.

I set her down on the ground as Raven walked over to me. "Hey, thought you wouldn't come," She spoke up while hugging me.

"Well, I didn't have anything to do, so I thought it is best to show up," I said in all honesty. Raven was cheerful, like every other day. Her little cousins are her world.