1

Han Solo breathed in the air of Kanto, a planet made up of mostly of lush grasslands, and winding rivers. The place was much different from what Han knew, having grown up on the city planet of Corellia, but he enjoyed it, nonetheless.

He was here on business, and his business was smuggling. He was damn good at it, in his mind. After all, why would all of the prestigious crime lords be requesting his services?

Gonogo Picus was one of these prestigious crime lords, and he was requesting Han’s services on this day. Han made his way into town on foot, wanting more time to breathe in the cool, fresh air.

The town of Altair wasn’t very far, and he reached it within fifteen minutes. It was unlike any place he had ever seen. For one, every building was made of wood instead of durasteel. It had a very old-fashioned appearance, and Han enjoyed it all the more.

He had been informed by an associate of Gonogo that they were to meet in Veyca Cantina. It was not a hard place to find. In fact, it was, quite possibly, the easiest to find, as it was the most popular establishment in Altair.

There were swing doors leading in, and this struck Han as yet another strange detail about this place. Other than the occasional landspeeder, there seemed to be nothing automated around.

He walked in, and was greeted with the first sight of something familiar. The room smelled strongly of alcohol, and was populated, heavily, by both human, and non-human patrons. No one gave him even a sideways glance, and he was glad. It wasn’t that he couldn’t hold a fight, he could, it was just that he didn’t want to, unknowingly, anger the wrong person, and get into unwanted problems. He had learned from experience.

He approached the bar, and raised a hand for the twi’lek bartender.

“What can I get you?” he asked.

“I’m here to see Mister Picus, so if you could point me to where he is, I would appreciate it.”

“You Han Solo?”

“The one and only.”

“Follow me.” The orange twi’lek stepped from around the counter, and led Han to a room in the back. The alien opened the door, and Han entered.

Inside was an overweight human man, sitting in a comfortable-looking chair, being fed by a scantily-clad, female twi’lek. The man reminded Han of a long-time associate of his: a slug-like creature known as Jabba the Hutt.

The man dismissed the woman, and looked at Han. “You must be the smuggler,” he said.

“Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon,” Han replied. “Pleasure to be doing business with you.”

“Well, I’m Gonogo Picus. I expect that Terras has filled you in on your mission.”

“Actually, he hasn’t.”

“Really. I could have sworn I told him to tell you.”

“Well, he didn’t.”

The man sighed. “I need you to go to Keldrona, and steal a shipment of Dracas.”

“What are Dracas?” Han asked

“They’re lizards. Poisonous lizards. Try not get bit. You’ll die within a minute.”

“Why do you want them?”

“I’m not paying you to ask questions.”

“Speaking of payment, how much are you gonna pay me?”

“Terras didn’t tell you that, either?”

Han shook his head.

“Me and him need to have a discussion when we’re all done with this. Oh, and to answer your question, 25,000 credits.

“25,000!”

“If you don’t die, that is.”

“Oh, I promise you, I will not.”

Han extended his hand, and the man shook it.