9

Han and Delphine sat on the edge of the bed. Han sat beside her, wrapping a bandage around her arm.

    “So how’d you like laying on your old mattress?” Delphine asked.

    “What?” Han cut the bandage.

    “I already told you, I stole this mattress from you.”

    Han laughed, and rubbed his finger across the tattoo on Delphine’s shoulder. “You were always so strange.”

    “It’s why you love me.”

    Han ignored her comment. “Speaking of strange, you never told me about this tattoo.”

    “Oh, that thing? Why do you want to know about that?”

    “It was the way I recognized you. Come on. Tell me.”

'    “Fine. I got it when I was a kid. I used to piss off this magic old lady so much, that she gave it to me. She said it made me insane and gave bad luck. I think she was the crazy one, honestly.”

“What is it a tattoo of?”

“I don’t know. It’s on my back. How do you expect me to see it.”

Han looked at it closely. It resembled something he had seen recently. It had a tail, and four legs, so it was an animal. The head resembled a snake.

Then he saw it.

It was a lizard. But not a random lizard.

A Draca.

A buzzing began sounding in the room. He recognized it. It was a sound he had heard not even two hours ago.

Then he heard the skittering.

A Draca was loose.