3

Why had he left her? She was beautiful. He tried remembering, but Delphine’s image was glued to his brain.

    He stared at her for fifteen minutes before she looked up and saw him. She, apparently, recognized him immediately. Her mouth fell slightly open. She said something to her friends, and they looked back, too. All three stood up, and approached him.

    “Han Solo,” Delphine said when he was within earshot. “How long has it been?”

    “I’m not really sure, but it’s been a hell of a long time, hasn’t it? How are you, Delphine?” Han replied.

    “I’m good. Great, in fact. I have my own ship. Oh, and it’s been four years.”

    “So, what are you doing on Kanto?”

    “Me and my friends travel around,” she said, gesturing to the two girls she was with. They were batting their eyelashes at him. They were pretty, but they were nothing compared to Delphine.

    “How’d you get your ship?” Han asked. “I think I remember you being dirt poor.”

“How do you think I got it, Solo,” she said with a sly smile

“I have a vague idea,” Han replied. She had stolen it. She had stolen everything. She was also a bit crazy, Han remembered.

“You know, I remember leaving you, but I don’t remember why,” Delphine said.

Han looked up. “Wait, I thought I left you.”

“Oh, that explains why you weren’t home when I woke up. I guess I saw that as my chance. I stole the mattress, by the way.”

“You are the strangest person I’ve ever been with. You know that, right?”

She smiled. “What are you doing on Kanto.”

“I’m a smuggler, now, so I’m on business.”

“Oh, sounds fun.”

Han looked at the clock on the wall, and saw that it was late. He wanted to talk to Delphine, but he was tired. He stood up. “Look, I’m gonna go to bed, if you don’t mind. I’m leaving early tomorrow.”

Delphine held out her hand, and Han shook. “It was a pleasure seeing you, Han.”

“Same to you.”

As Han walked towards the stairs that led to the rooms above, Delphine’s two friends approached him.

“Can we come with you?” one of them said.

Han shrugged them off. “Maybe next time.”