3 ♡・building a fort

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆
chapter three
☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

paul sat on the sofa with delilah's head in his lap, her soft snores an adorable faint whistle in his eardrums. his attention was on the television screen.

"residents are being told to stay in their homes and not leave in risk of being killed or seriously injured by the devastating weather, which is spreading and not showing signs of decreasing, in south london."

paul chewed on his bottom lip and ran his fingers through his girlfriends soft brown hair. he stared out at the blistering winds and heavy rainfall outside, worried about the future.

worried about his job and if he'd get fired for not turning up.

worried about food running out if the storm didnt calm down.

worried about his television aerial staying strong, because toddlers and tiara's was on at 5 and he'd already missed last weeks episode.

"paul?" del mumbled, and he looked down at her instantly.

"wakey wakey dellie wellie," he brushed some hair from her face and smiled. "how was your nap?"

"good." she stretched out her arms and grinned up at him. "its so cold!"

paul thought for a moment and suddenly jumped up, making delilah roll to the floor and hit her head.

"thank you," she mumbled, standing up and rubbing her nose.

"im sorry!" he laughed, and dragged her towards the cupboard beside the television.

paul opened it and emptied out all the blankets and pillows, throwing them into a heap in the middle of the room.

delilah sat down in the middle of all of them and snuggled warmly into them, as paul went into the kitchen.

when he came back with five of the table's chairs, delilah frowned. "what on earth are you doing?"

"let's build a fort!" he helped her up and started to set the chairs out around them.

she laughed and picked up a long, thin quilt and proceeded to stretch it out over the chairs. it lay nicely as a roof and they built walls around them with stacks of pillows and blankets held in place by pegs and clips.

"honestly, we're both 19," she laughed after crawling in after him and lying down on the many cushions in the fort. "we're acting like children!"

"but its fun." paul closed his eyes and stretched back against the fort comfortably. he was clearly proud of it.

"yknow what else is fun?" del shuffled up close to his side and sneakily wrapped an arm around his body.

"what?" he looked down, excited and already puckering his lips.

"naps." she smiled dreamily, closing her eyes and letting her head rest in the crook of his neck.

"yeah..." he rolled his eyes, pulling her close and securing a tight hold on her waist. "cosmic."

"cosmic," she repeated, and they slipped away into dreamworld, the rain still heard from outside in the streets of london.