4 ♡・raging storm

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

chapter four

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"turn the page." paul whispered and delilah's slender fingers gently flipped the creamy papers.

it was silent, but comfortably so. outside, yep you guessed it! it was raining. it had been two and a half weeks and it had just not stopped.

they were lying in bed, being kept warm by the fluffy duvet on top of them. delilah's brown hair was actually shrouding paul's eyes so he couldn't see the book they were reading, but holding her close was all he really cared about.

"this is nice," she suddenly said, closing the book and turning around. paul smiled at her and played with the neck of her nightgown. he brushed his fingers against her collarbones and drummed them against the back of her neck.

"anything is nice when I do it with you."

"even when we...fight?" she looked up at him through her dark eyelashes.

"yes. but we don't, do we?"

"don't jinx it." she laughed, and wrapped her legs around his. he pushed his forehead against hers and kissed her nose.

"I love you." he pulled her closer to his body and breathed into her neck.

"I love you too."

the storm was raging outside, and it was about to get even worse. this was just the calmness before the hurricane.

one

week

later

paul was sat at the table, his head in his hands and his eyes droopy. delilah was rushing around the kitchen, raking her hands through her hair.

"there's no bread left! and no biscuits, no teabags."

"there's no teabags?" paul mumbled, frowning and looking up at her. "well how are we going to drink tea?"

"well we obviously won't be able to!" she rolled her eyes.

"it's not my fault, delilah." he looked down at the table. "don't be funny with me."

"but if you didn't constantly drink the bloody tea then we'd have teabags left!" she groaned, slamming a cupboard shut and making paul jump.

"if you want them so much, go to the shop and get them." he shrugged.

she stared at him in disbelief, her brown eyes wide and almost manic. "you expect me to walk to the shop in this weather?!"

"well do you expect me to?!" he suddenly snapped back. "stop being a bitch!"

"fuck off, paul," she walked out and paul started to jabber on.

"yeah, yeah! walk out, you miserable, ungrateful-"

"I said fuck off!" she shouted, storming up the stairs. "are you called terms and conditions? because I really don't care about what you have to say!"

"haha that's really funny!" he spat, slamming the kitchen door as he went back to sitting at the table. "hilarious!"

he sighed heavily and slammed his head on the table, as delilah threw herself on to the bed.

the hurricane was swirling.