44| The Black, the White, and the Gray

"Charlotte, use Thunderbolt on Beheeyem!" I ordered

"Charlotte, use Thunderbolt on Beheeyem!" I ordered. Charlotte generated as much electricity as she could and launched it at Colress' Psychic-type. The bolt engulfed the Pokémon's body, causing it to seize up and fall to the ground in a heap, almost knocking it out but not quite.

   "Saber, Ice Beam on Drapion!" Nate yelled from beside me. Saber loosed a blinding blue beam of ice and it struck the sharp-clawed Poison-type that belonged to Ghetsis, freezing it solid and knocking it out. "Yes, finally!" Nate sighed in relief, only to sigh again in frustration when Drapion was replaced with an electric eel Pokemon called Eelektross. Nate switched Saber out for Thorn, who had evolved into a Ferrothorn back in Undella Town.

   "Beheeyem, use Recover!"

   No, no! I clenched my fists as I saw the annoyingly bright green hue envelop Beheeyem's body, healing it back to full health for what felt like the fifth time in a row.

   "Thorn, use Mirror Shot on Eelektross!"

   Ghetsis laughed. "Wrong choice. Eelektross, scorch that Ferrothorn with Flamethrower!" Within a second Thorn was scorched by bright blue flames, striking his times-four weakness from fire and knocking him out instantly. At the same time Charlotte was constricted by a Psychic and fainted as well. Nate and I recalled our Pokemon and sent out Slinky and Lilith in their places.

   To say that we were struggling with this battle was an understatement. Not only were Ghetsis and Colress' Pokémon strong, but they were probably over-leveled as well. In the time it took for us to take out four of their Pokémon, they took out five of ours, leaving our combined team of seven against their team of seven. I might have thought those were good odds if the opposing Pokémon didn't hit so hard every turn.

   It wasn't like anyone could help us. Bianca was battling Zinzolin and holding her own against him pretty well, while N and Hilbert were trying to prevent Black Kyurem from leaving the cave. The last time I saw them, Lucy was trying to paralyze the fused Pokémon. As for Hugh... I had no idea where he was or even if he was okay. Sadly, I couldn't afford to think about that at the time. I needed to focus on the battle in front of me.

   "Beheeyem, use Psychic on Stoutland," Colress ordered calmly, adjusting his glasses.

   "Eelektross, use Flamethrower on both of them!" Ghetsis commanded.

   Nate flinched. "Lilith, hurry and try to use Crunch!"

   If I couldn't take out the Eelektross, I could at least stall it. "Slinky, use Fake Out!" As Lilith was busy attacking Beheeyem, Slinky dashed at Eelektross and pretended to claw at it. When it flinched away, Slinky raked her claws down its face and jumped back.

   "Eelektross, Acrobatics!" Eelektross became a blur of color and smashed into Slinky, the powerful move throwing her across the cave like a rag doll and knocking her out. I now only had two Pokémon left, and out of that duo, Bow was my best bet. I sent her out and told her to use Psychic. Thankfully, the Eelektross went down as did Beheeyem. Ghetsis then let out a large blue toad Pokémon called Seismitoad, and Colress had a Magnezone of his own.