0.1 - [Part Two]

Sunday, January 22 of 2017

_____

The sound of impatient drivers on the bustling streets of New York could be heard by Penelope Prescott even from the very back office in a small coffee shop that had been her father's first business venture.

The Prescott family owned everything from restaurant chains, to office buildings, hotels, apartments, estates, private planes, even a bookstore, but it all started at the small coffee shop on main.

This is exactly where Penelope conducted business. She called the tiny, homey office nestled in the storage space of the coffee shop, hers.

In the little office, where the smell of breakfast blend drifted in from seams of the room, she was to meet Arsenio Sullivan.

__

The coffee shop had an unusual black front which stuck out amongst the dark red-bricked buildings that surrounded it. The door was a bright yellow and just above it, the Prescott label hung, unmissable, just like every other building that they owned in the city.

Arsenio Sullivan took in every aspect of the small shop.

Black chalkboard paint colored most of the walls, and inspirational quotes were tattooed in white chalk. The whole café was accented with various pieces of salvaged barn wood. The place held a feeling of humbleness and warmth.

He spied a hallway off to the side, and just as he deemed it meaningless, he saw a dull yellow door with the name Miss Penelope Prescott on it.

Arsenio raised his hand up to knock, trying his best to subtly shake off the slight nervousness he felt in the pit of his stomach.

__

Penelope furiously typed, overwhelmed with the ending of a writer's block, and she hadn't noticed the upcoming event on her schedule.

Just as she looked to her watch, she heard a heavy knock on her door.

She brushed off her nerves, as she had never been the stoic business woman that her mother demanded her to be. Her father dedicated had his time to helping Penelope learn the art, and while she was a proficient now, she knew it wasn't her calling.

Penelope was sensitive and indecisive, this would be her first time making such a huge decision without the influence of her family. Of course, she was nervous, but the blood in her veins were buzzing with the opportunity to be in control. This was her life, and it was about damn time she took control of it.

__

He was everything she hadn't been expecting.

The striking man had deep green eyes, dozens upon dozens of cob-web covered stories behind them. His dark hair was overgrown compared to the usual image of a man in his position. Her eyes traced his solid, muscled figure; across the width of his broad shoulders, down his bulky arms, and then she discreetly studied his overwhelming height compared to her measly frame. He had to be 6'3 or larger.

Penelope held her small hand out, not failing to complete the first rule of interviewing as she made eye contact.

"Arsenio Sullivan, correct?" she didn't wait for him to answer, "I am Penelope Prescott. You may address me as Penelope, as I'm not one for formalities."

"Yes, ma'am."

She slightly smiled at his inevitability to address her by her first name, a symbol of respect from his past job positions.

"Mr. Sullivan, I would ask you to tell me about yourself, but I find that impersonal seeing that I am well aware of your qualifications for this position," she made eye contact with him again because she wanted to see his reaction for the next curveball.

"What I'm asking is, after all of the things you've done this early in your life, what led you to your decision that landed you here?"

"I don't want a nine to five job anymore. I want a purpose, and I think this is exactly what I've been working towards all along," his gravelly voice held hidden sincerity.

Penelope nodded her head thoughtfully, knowing that she had made the right choice. She admired his sure tone and the simplicity of his answer. She had wanted the truth and he gave it to her.

She interlocked her hands on the table, "I must go over a few aspects of the job before you accept."

"First of all, its imperative to my father that you live in my flat. Also, seeing as you're my personal body guard, you are required to dress casual given that this is an undercover position to the public," he silently nodded which spurred Penelope to go on.

"I travel quite often, mostly weeks at a time, so you must always be prepared to go. I think the only other thing that I need to address is that I don't wish to be treated differently. You may think that you're just my body guard, but you're my partner, and you will be treated as my equal. Nothing more, and nothing less."

"Like I said, I came here today knowing exactly what I wanted."

Penelope and Arsenio stood to shake hands.

"Well, I guess the only thing I can say is, welcome to the team."

_____

Hiya, guys!

As you guys know, I'm always crazy unsatisfied when I publish sometimes.

Prim is my favorite work to spend time on (yes, I'm biased), and so I really want it to pan out the right way.

Some of you are wondering why that I've taken down parts, and I want to address your questions.

I took down every chapter and am completely rewriting (in third omniscient), so I ask you to please reread the Character List and 0.1 - [Part One] before continuing.

Thank you so, so very much.

with an immense amount of love and appreciation,

furevermore

_____

[word count: 963 words ]