Prologue

For leaders of the world.

Special thanks to Luke who always helped me out.

Preview

Ego is tired of his life going on the same routine everyday, but he has taken it in as his fate. However, as he meets the girl from the RL, Violet, he recognizes his true feelings about the injustice of society and starts to take actions for the rights of the Confined. His potential is awaken, and as he goes on a dangerous quest to help Violet, he discovers hidden secrets of his past. On his quest, he is threatened and challenged by the RL officials who know his weak spot, his loved ones. Will he be able to keep his loved ones safe, much less himself?
Violet is happy. Her life is perfect because she has all she needs, and all she wants. That is until her life plummets to the bottom. Because of her father's choice, she is taken to the Confined. Taken everything away from her, Violet resists from following the rules of the Confined and refuses to cooperate. She is helped by a boy that has been in the Confined from the start, and decides that she will one day free the Confined from their burden and pain. Will she adapt to the Confined, or continue to rebel till the end?

Before you read

This story was created to acknowledge people of how urgent the problems within society are. We need to find a way to resolve the global problems that will lead to serious disasters, not only natural ones, but also humane.

This story takes place in the 23rd and 24th centuries, when global warming has progressed to an irreversible state. The population has drastically fallen to about 15 million people on the whole planet because of natural and social issues. The ocean levels have risen substantially, and deforestation and lack of water has led to desertification all around the world. The countries are forced to hold hands and use their financial resources in maintaining a limited sustainable environment. This naturally led the gap between the rich and poor to grow because the wealthy people were the ones to live in it, leaving the poor outside in a hazardous environment. People struggling with poverty started to rebel against the wealthy people for their own rights, so the governments had to take action. However, instead of building more sustainable environments, they built an enormous boundary fort around the limited eco-friendly district. The governments sign each person into small bunkers inside of the fort. Inside the fort, poverty still exists and people can do nothing to stop it.

Copyright

Please do not plagierize. This book has full copyright to the author Angelina Rose Lee.
I worked on this book for nearly a year, so please do not overlook my efforts.
Enjoy!

Quotes

"Down by the bay
Where the watermelons grow
Back to my home
I dare not go
For if I do-"

"I was used. I was played with. Again. For my efforts, I was the one who was going to pay.
Foolish me."

"Sometimes, it's better to be ignorant. It hurts less."

The covers on each chapter were made by my real life friends who do not have wattpad accounts. Just so you know!
This is an actual picture of the version of The Confined I published. I wrote this book for a school english book writing project, and because I enjoyed writing it so much, I'm sharing it to you now. Thank you!

 Thank you!