14. Ego (Part 1)

2302. 04. 20.

There are things you know in your mind. You know things because you study them. You know things because you memorize them. You know things because you repeat them. On the other hand, there are things that you know because you have a feeling in your subconscious. Sometimes, when your mind doesn't work well, you use your subconscious. It may help. It might not help either.

In fact, sometimes, it's better to be ignorant.

It hurts less.

I banged on the door. I didn't feel nervous at all and I was completely relaxed. I wasn't the one who threw out my kid, so I had nothing to be afraid of. The person who was more nervous was Finn. He looked like a baby now, chewing on his fingernail.

The house wasn't as I had expected it to be. I thought everyone who lived in the RL lived in a huge house with great features and beautiful gardens to cheer the mood. My parents' house looked like it popped out of the 21st century. Even though I didn't know what houses looked like in the 21st century, it just seemed like that. The door was painted dark green and there was ivy growing around its edges. It was a small two-story brick house with a navy colored roof. The front lawn was full of weeds and was screaming to me that it needed to be mowed. I desperately wanted to go and pick them out.

"Stop it," I grumbled at the sound of Finn chattering his teeth. I'd never seen him like that. A couple of minutes ago he had seemed to be the most courageous person I had ever met. Now he was acting like a mouse.

Finn had never heard about my parents until today. I had never told him about them because I didn't find the need to. I wasn't homesick and I was satisfied with my life. I didn't need to tell him about my parents and how they had thrown me out as soon as I was born. I didn't need to tell him that they had a conscience about the size of a pea and they wrote letters to me from time to time trying to make up for what they had done to my life. I didn't want to look pitiful. I wanted to look okay, because I really was.

"Who is it?" a gruff voice barked from inside the house. I jumped in surprise. I had never pictured my parents before, but I hadn't expected my dad's voice to be so loud.

Finn grimaced. "I don't think this is a good idea..." he was muttering when someone swung the door open widely.

My father was very big. Everything about him was big. His eyes, his nose, his mouth, his ears, his body, everything. Even his eyebrows looked huge. And the weirder thing was, he didn't look anything like me. We had something in common though. We both weren't very handsome. His eyes were a shade of dark green and his hair was light brown. His white teeth made his frown look even more vicious than it should have been.

"Who are you?" he growled at me.

"I'm your son," I said as casually as I could. I wasn't afraid yet.

He looked at me with wide and startled eyes, and then they changed to eyes of suspicion. "I don't have a son," he said in a low voice.

"Well, I was born to someone." I shrugged and rolled my eyes.

He searched through me for answers about who I was but seemed like he couldn't find any. He sighed and rubbed his hand down his face. "Kid. I don't have a son. My wife has never been pregnant in her life."

"You are Argon Mayson, aren't you?" I asked.

His eyebrow shot up. "How did you know that?"

"Your wife's name is Vivian Mayson?"

He grabbed my shoulders and shook me hard. "WHO ARE YOU?" he yelled.

For some reason I wasn't scared. I had a right to be here. I had a right to harass them. I had a right to request help.

I held up the letters that they had sent to me years ago to show them my identity.

"Hi, Dad," I smiled.

-----------

Hi guys! So I guess this is the fifteen chapter part 1!
Jope you guys enjoyed it.
EGO HAS FINALLY MET HIS FATHER!! Omg.
I'm imagining how much of a bad guy he really is!
So how'd you like this part?
What do you think?
I'll update the next chapter soon, my loves.
Until then please keep up your great support and love!

Thank you so much XOXO
-AngelinaRoseLee♡♡